Need Some Schooling On Trans Tech...

Hey guys, just started modifying my SSS even though I've owned it for over 3 years... I recently had the transmission replaced under warranty with a brand new OEM GM trans. But now that im adding things to it (performance wise) Ive heard that i should start saving to get a built transmission and a good stall... I'm not familiar with what a stall is or why I need a built trans even though I just got a new one guaranteed for another 100,000 miles...? Can someone give me the 411 on what the deal is?

ok sir first off the 4l65 is a good trans it just needs a little help when you start putting some power to it. depends how much power you want to put to it but if you put a trans go hd-2 shift kit and a vette servo you would be in pretty good shape. there is more stuff you can do but i think you'll get by with that. as far as a stall goes there sorta hard to explain but are deff. awesome. most guys stick around that 3000 range for a dd. the basics of a stall i guess in simple terms is that it keeps you in the power band way better then a stock torque. you can brake stall way higher and your rpms only drop like 2k when your wot.

ok sir first off the 4l65 is a good trans it just needs a little help when you start putting some power to it. depends how much power you want to put to it but if you put a trans go hd-2 shift kit and a vette servo you would be in pretty good shape. there is more stuff you can do but i think you'll get by with that. as far as a stall goes there sorta hard to explain but are deff. awesome. most guys stick around that 3000 range for a dd. the basics of a stall i guess in simple terms is that it keeps you in the power band way better then a stock torque. you can brake stall way higher and your rpms only drop like 2k when your wot.

Aweet thanks man!!