Electrical Issues....

superchevything

Ok so my truck was telling me the battery was not charging but the battery is maybe a year old and i check it with fluke volt meter and it was good and so I end up changing out the alternator but its still telling me the battery was not charging so does anybody know what could be wrong???? I need to get my trucking running soon school is about to star in a week any help would be great thanks.

Check the fuseable link for the alt beside the engine, you know the one, with the red cover on it with the battery symbol. Also check all fuses.

Check the alt, should be at least 13 to 14.4 volts when running. If not, it's not charging.

bad ground somewhere? probably for the alternator?

what told you the battery wasnt charging properly?

if it was the gauge that told you the battery wasnt charging could the gauge be bad?

does the truck start and not run or will it not start?

Edited by BgRd1 (see edit history)

The fuses are good. It will start and run if the battery is charged once the battery loses charge my truck just dies I had the battery tested at Oreilys it failed so I got a new one but the battery not charging came on after installed the new battery. Hopefully its the freaking ground.

Edited by superchevything (see edit history)