Transmission Issues, Any Ideas?

hey guys,

I recently came across this site, and I must say, what a wealth of information is contained here. Its soo cool to see a group of people that have a similar passion for their trucks. I have a question and I was wondering if someone could help me.

I have an 05 V-max, and this past weekend i started having some strange issues with the transmission. I noticed that after a long drive once I slow down, such as at a freeway offramp, when the truck goes from first to second it shifts VERY hard. It will continue to do this until i park it and let it rest, and restart it. After i restart it, itll act fine, but what I also noticed is that after no matter how long I have driven it, if i get onto it, and it kicks back down into second, when it goes from second to third the rpms will climb really high and it doesnt seem like it wants to go into third unless i let off the gas. The problem isnt noticible going from 2nd to third if im taking it easy on it, but its really starting to concern me, as I want to take care of these issues before they becomes a larger problems. The check engine light also came on and when I pulled the code it said transmission component slippage detected.

Has anyone ever seen these issues before? Any help would be greatly appreciated as it is my daily driver.

Thanks guys,

Andy

hey guys, today I got the check engine light and p0894 code. It started doing this weird thing where once in second it almost feels like the torque converter locks up because it bogs really bad and then unlocks. Anyone had this before?