New To Silverado, Not To Chevy!

THATGUYCRUZ

Hey y'all, new here from Arlington, TX. I Purchased a 2003 Silverado SS this past weekend for 13k with a 101,400 miles. It came with all original paper work and window sticker. Truck is in really good condition. Im not too knowledgable to this genre of truck but i do know is its a bad MOFO. I got on it as soon as I drove it away and it was not as quick as i was anticipating. I would like to know what small things I can do to make it quicker and would like to know more facts i.e. how rare these trucks are, how many were made, and what years were they made. Oh and this thing is horrible on gas!!!! as im sure many of you know this already.

Their is a thread here about how many were made for 03 and 04, DEI SS trucks were made @ 1033 (933 of which were badged "Intimidator." 07 trucks were leftover DEI SS' from 06.

For 2003 their were 6,117 Onyx Black Super Sport's.

As far as power and mpgs, they dont go hand and hand unless your looking at basic bolt-ons. My advice is a 160 t-stat, intake and exhaust.

Their is a thread here about how many were made for 03 and 04, DEI SS trucks were made @ 1033 (933 of which were badged "Intimidator." 07 trucks were leftover DEI SS' from 06.

For 2003 their were 6,117 Onyx Black Super Sport's.

As far as power and mpgs, they dont go hand and hand unless your looking at basic bolt-ons. My advice is a 160 t-stat, intake and exhaust.

don't forget a tune.. Also not the best DD on gas.. Im looking for a car now that the SS is bought and paid for!!!!