Pictures Of My C10 And I Need Some Options Of What To Do

BlueAKSSS

Need your guys opinions on what I should do motor wise on my old 1969 Chevy C10 truck.

I completely built this truck, restored it from the ground up, and I put in a 5.3L from a 2002 with the 4L60e which has a shift kit and corvette servo and shifts really nice! Truck has a Posi 12 bolt rear end with 3.73 gears, skips the tire when it shifts into second. As far as the 5.3 goes I got bored with the stock cam so I got a Comp LSR series cam 215/223 .604/.610 lift, with a 112lsa and had it tuned by zippy. The 5.3 also has a LS1 intake stock injectors, aeromotive fuel pressure regulator, walbro fuel pump, Sanderson Headers, and a cold air intake type thing.

Did a 14.3 1/4 mile, and hooked up perfect. So..... where should I take it now?

My idea is to just drop in a LQ9 because I know where I can get one for about 1k and put some nice heads on it and a cam in it. Transmission wise I'm thinking while the motor would be out install 3000 converter.

Anyway here's some pictures....

DSC_0024.jpg

DSC_0033Large.jpg

DSC_0028Large-1.jpg

DSC00292.jpg

Screenshot4.png

This picture was on the front of adn.com on August 1st and the following week.

DSC_0055Large.jpg

New Cam

DSC_0036Large.jpg

DSC_0030Large.jpg

DSC_0083Large-2.jpg

lq9 sounds like a good plan. love your truck the onl thing i would change is the wheels. otherwise sick truck

Thanks, ya the LQ9 is definitely what I'm leaning towards, any ideas on good cam/head combos to put on a LQ9 build?

Thanks guy, ya I'm definitely going for the LQ9 route, but I've got to sell this supercharger I bought for the SS first. Anyone want it? Make an offer was asking $1400 or best offer!

Also the wheels aren't going to be changed, currently the truck has sort of a classic outside look with a modern drive train. The pictures don't do them justice either their 396 Chevelle SS wheels 15X10's in the rear and 15X8's in the front. peelout.gif