Door Cladding Damage

ezclone

Saturday morning I opened my door to find it a little hard to open. Turns out the piece of door cladding had pealed back in the summer heat and hit the door jam as I opened it. Great!! Paint and Plastic damaged on both pieces. Here is the question. Has this happened to any other SS owners out there?

• 2 weeks later...

Saturday morning I opened my door to find it a little hard to open. Turns out the piece of door cladding had pealed back in the summer heat and hit the door jam as I opened it. Great!! Paint and Plastic damaged on both pieces. Here is the question. Has this happened to any other SS owners out there?

That is why I am searching the site right now. I went to a body shop today because my panel was damaged when I opened the drivers side door. I was quoted $800.00, $500.00 for a new panel and paint, etc. I decided to remove it and heat it with a hair dryer to try and straighten the edge as best I can then remove old adhesive tape. I am going to buy a 2 sided tape and try and re-apply. If anyone else has any suggestions that would be great.