Twin Turbo Sts

with proper supporting mods it will be good, I know it ran well on tubochargedbeserker truck, the biggest problem with the TT STS kit is to get everything to fit properly as there is not much room to lacate everything. surprizing but piping takes up a lot of room and there is only so many way that you can run certain pipes. I run a single turbo STS kit and am happy with it, works well and provides the power i want, but lately there are other good alternatives, for decent prices.

BTW I never new that STS released the truck TT kit.

with proper supporting mods it will be good, I know it ran well on tubochargedbeserker truck, the biggest problem with the TT STS kit is to get everything to fit properly as there is not much room to lacate everything. surprizing but piping takes up a lot of room and there is only so many way that you can run certain pipes. I run a single turbo STS kit and am happy with it, works well and provides the power i want, but lately there are other good alternatives, for decent prices.

BTW I never new that STS released the truck TT kit.

Chpspecial knows more than I do. But I really like the sts setup. I had been talking to Chris at sts about doing a compound setup. I think that if you were interested in a twin turbo setup, you might call him and talk to him about it. They don't have a "kit" to do this setup, but if you are looking for big power, that is emissions legal, I think that would be something worth trying. It would definitely be a diffrent setupbiggrinjester.gif !

I would also consider tricks stg I kit.

but if you have an SSS and you turbo you'll also need:

injectors-most likly 60's

a FMIC- running a 6.0 w/o intercooling is just leaving 100hp on the ground

BOV and WG both will be needed reguardless of whos kit you run.

Initally the stg I kit looks cheaper than anything...but you add up the misc stuff and you are at a box ready price of a TVS1900...

what goals do you have for your truck?

I would like to see between 400-500hp. Hopefully in the next year it will just be a garage queen so I will have alot of time to work on it. I want to get a cam,heads,injectors,valves springs,pushrods the hole deal. Im just not sure wheather a supercharger or turbo would be better. I think a twin turbo high mount would be sweet.

Chpspecial knows more than I do. But I really like the sts setup. I had been talking to Chris at sts about doing a compound setup. I think that if you were interested in a twin turbo setup, you might call him and talk to him about it. They don't have a "kit" to do this setup, but if you are looking for big power, that is emissions legal, I think that would be something worth trying. It would definitely be a diffrent setupbiggrinjester.gif !

anything more than the T-60 sts kit is not smog legal... so the compound system will not qualify for that, plus unless you plan on 20+ pound of boost, there is no need for compounding, just properly setting up a turbo.

STS kits already come with a WG and BOV so that is already part of the initial expense, the only options are Intercooler and injectors

while the TVS kits do come complete, most people end up doing far amount of ugrades that puts them back up to the status of the STS kit, i.e. how many people with radix/TVSXXXX, have ditched the stock tunning/injectors/pump for bigger/better replacements.

For 400-500HP, any of the standard kits will suffice, it will just be a matter of personal opinion, It sounds like what the O.P. want underhood flash more than performace, so that leaves the STS kit out, as it is mounted under the bed of the truck.

Keep in mind that if you don't have the supporting engine for the BIG kit, it will take forever and a day to spool up the turbo and give you crazy amounts of turbo delay, andjust because its the stage X doesn't mean it will outperforme a lesser stage on YOUR engine...

I don't want to turn you away from a turbo, but I also don't want you to get something that is not very practical making you hate them because the kit is not operating like a car with a stock turbo... That is the biggest problem I see when people go turbo, they either overturbo and have lots of lag, or the underturbo (rare) and create massive amounts of heat at their target boost.

For your goals, you will be very happy with the stage 2/3 kits... the stage 3 kit will allow for more power down the road when you are ready for it, but you wont need a 400+c.i. engine to do so... on a stock set up and to take to care shows, the stage 2 will give you the best performance

Edited by chpspecial (see edit history)

you will be fine as long as you keep boost to under 10# and have a good tune. at that point your week point will be your trans. And you will also need fuel pump and injectors. the stock one will not be enough

Edited by chpspecial (see edit history)