Front Axle Output Leaking

Was under the truck today installing my 160 thermostat and noticed the passenger side output was leaking on my front axle. Damn truck just hit 18,000 miles and is already marking it's territory. Was planning on doing the diff fluid this week anyway, so no big deal, just one more damn thing to do. Might as well drop the CV's and lower it while I'm there, eh?thumb.gif

Was under the truck today installing my 160 thermostat and noticed the passenger side output was leaking on my front axle. Damn truck just hit 18,000 miles and is already marking it's territory. Was planning on doing the diff fluid this week anyway, so no big deal, just one more damn thing to do. Might as well drop the CV's and lower it while I'm there, eh?thumb.gif

03 and only 18k miles? my 06 with 60k has the same issue, but theres just the residue on the output seal

03 and only 18k miles? my 06 with 60k has the same issue, but theres just the residue on the output seal

Yeah, it's not a big leak. It doesn't drip on the pavement yet, but it is throwing lube on the frame and bugging the hell out of me ever since I saw it, so it will get fixed. Like I said, I am getting ready to tear the front end apart, so it's not that big of a deal, just something I wasn't planning on doing.

Yeah, it's not a big leak. It doesn't drip on the pavement yet, but it is throwing lube on the frame and bugging the hell out of me ever since I saw it, so it will get fixed. Like I said, I am getting ready to tear the front end apart, so it's not that big of a deal, just something I wasn't planning on doing.

yah i always love how that happens. but yours is AWD it always has power going thru it. mines 4wd i can choose if i want 2hi 4hi and 4low. i usually dont need 4wd the G80 is good in dirt, sand, mud. i need to replace all my fluids, trans, transfer case, and front diff. i did my rear dif when i had to replace a axle.

Edited by chevy vmax (see edit history)