Trade In Time?

03BlkSS86

OK guys, well as secure as I thought my job at the stealership was. Well I guess I was wrong. They laid me off due to "lack of work" apparently. So here is my large problem. Do I try an tough it out with the SS and see if I can hold onto her a lil while longer without a job. Or trade her in for yes I know I should bite my tounge but for an Acura TL type S. Or just a regular TL for that matter. But I visited a dealership an they are only willing to give me 10,000 for my truck. With 99k on it does that seem a lil low to anyone? KBB says in excellent shape its work almost 12. Idk. Anyone give me some advice? I love my truck but its starting to become impractical for me.

Edited by jimmyg (see edit history)

sorry...these trucks are tanking in vaule...with a new body style and a looming end of the model year performance package, the SSS is a tuff sale.

if you dont have a job you need a cash car, no payment will be doable if you aren't working, I was laid off and took it pretty bad on my wifes car (approximatly 13k loss) but I freed up alot of $$ in the monthly budget.

sorry...these trucks are tanking in vaule...with a new body style and a looming end of the model year performance package, the SSS is a tuff sale.

if you dont have a job you need a cash car, no payment will be doable if you aren't working, I was laid off and took it pretty bad on my wifes car (approximatly 13k loss) but I freed up alot of $$ in the monthly budget.

That's what you've got to do in those situations. Trade/sell for a cash car. They are dropping in value like a stone. Luckily mine is scarily close to being paid for.

Oh I wish I was close. I'm still 11,600 in the whole for it. I've only owned it for 2 yrs. But I figured that dealership would atleast pay off the loan. but they only offered me 10. an as far as cash vehicle I'd love to. but I'm going to see if I can privately sell it an see how that goes. I figure put it out for 14,500 an let them haggle me down a lil. If I can get a grand or two above what I owe I can just get an car for now an when things pick up for me maybe get something nicer.

I'm going to try an stick it out. But also at the same time, put it up for sale. If I get a decent enough offer then I"ll have to bite. An one stealership offered me 10k for mine an i owe 11600 so I mean if they'd offer to just pay it off I'd be happy with that as well.

I just treded my 05 silverado z71 extended cab and they gave me 12k....it had 130k and had every option including sunroof....i was amazed with getting 12 with 130k on it and was more amazed when they sold it for 16k....

I'm more than likely going to hang on to mine, I owe somewhere around 7K on mine. It'll be much more fun when i'm able to take that $526 a month and drop it into performance parts :cheers:

Plus if i was able to trade it in right now, No way i could afford anything newer with as many option as my SS

I'm more than likely going to hang on to mine, I owe somewhere around 7K on mine. It'll be much more fun when i'm able to take that $526 a month and drop it into performance parts :cheers:

Plus if i was able to trade it in right now, No way i could afford anything newer with as many option as my SS

Same here. It may pick up some performance when it's not dragging around a payment book.