What I Learned Today

detjoe

Hi, I am sorry for not spending more time in the tuning section, been busy and as I found out learning to tune is NOT easy. SO I figured I would start a thread were people can talk about things they have learned about thier tuning software. This will focus on HPT, but if anyone wants to do an EFI one I am all for it.

What I learned today: the compare function is sweet. I have started going down the list of all the help topics and the 'compare file' function is near the top and a great tool for guys learning. Will this function do anything for your tune, not really but it is great for seeing differances in your tune/calibrations and others. I searched the repistory for similar set-ups and compared them to my base tune.

How do you compare? First you open the file from the repistory, so you dont have to use credits, you are just viewing it. In the box that pops up click "no thanks"

The you open the file you want to compare it to. Now you can selected between the two and also see the difference(delta, change)

You can also see all the changes between the two in a list, that can be saved and viewed as a text file. Also Any tables that are different between the two will be a different color, so tunes that have a lot of different calibrations you can see what tables are adjusted.

So last night I was looking at my base tune with other guys who have the L92 heads. Looking at stuff like their VE tables, their injector settings, and their timing....

What did I see:

my timing table is funny, guys have told me this before but untill you used the compare function you will have a harder time seeing/visualizing the differences.

I have a compare text file at home I want to put here so you can see how good HPT is at tracking changes you are making.

I am going to try to add more stuff I learn...I know if I try to teach people it will help my understanding.