Moving Back To Oregon

diggerdan11

So like the Title says, Im moving back to Oregon, to my home town.

I got a job offer that i could not turn down, that is more suited for my education level. The job is at JELD-WEN which is the largest Window and Door manufacturer in the world. My dad has worked for them for 25 years and my mom worked for them for 10 years. Im really excited to start a new career path.

currently I work for my cousin and i am a manager of one of his KFC restaurants. The reason i started working for KFC while i was in college was I was planning on becoming a franchise owner myself. The original plan was for my dad to pull some of his retirement money and invest in a KFC or 2. Well the original plan called for that 2 years ago, now with the economy, my dad now is saying it will be another 7 to 8 years before we can now, and there is no way i can keep working as a fast food manager for 8 more years.

I applied and interviewed for a Environmental Management position. Everyone i interviewed with liked me and they wanted me in the position, but it all came down to this test that they give to all management candidates. Well I did not do so well on a couple sections, mainly math. But i am out of practice, it has been 6 years since i really had to do math. So the offered me a lower position for the time being. I will have to brush up on my math and in 6months to a year Take the test again and hopefully move into the position that i originally wanted. For the time being its going to kinda suck, Im actually taking a pay cut plus my girlfriend is losing her job, but hopefully she can find something soon, so money wont be so tight. And in the long run it will be a smart move.

I am really excited to move back to my home town and start a new career, but I am going to be sad to leave Arizona. Im going to miss G2G's in Phoenix and the 75 degree winters. Im moving back to Snow country, guess im going to have to put on some mud flaps on the SS, and Bra and snow tires lol.

The sucking thing is Im moving the weekend of the 18th and 19th, and i am going to be missing a Disturbed and Avenged Sevenfold concert, which are my 2 favorite bands. Oh well at least i won the tickets and did not have to pay for them, there up on craigslist lol

Klamath Falls huh? I know the feeling, I was raised in Grants Pass... GL with this next chapter in your life, and I would encourage you do not forget your KFC franchise dream, I think that's still a great idea.

Mr. P. :)

Yeah im not going to forget about the franchise dream. It still may happen but it may be 7 to 10 years from now, but it will happen one day.

About a 7 hour drive, I live in the Southern part of Oregon just a few miles for California. If there is a Washington G2G on a weekend I might be able to go

Awesome hope we can meet up in the future have some good times.

G/L with the move if I was close I would give ya a hand brother