Mud Flap/Splash Guard For 04 Ss

I'm new to the forum and have been searching for posts on installing some splash guards or small mud flaps on my 04 SS (Victory Red). I found some old posts from 2003 but was unable to look at the pics. I realize that they are not for everyone, but I agree with those posts saying they will tolerate the look in exchange for the protection they provide, especially here in the northeast. I would like to know the brand and model numbers that fit the best. I'm not the best at searching posts, so I may need only some direction in where to find an older post on the subject. Thanks for the help,

I'm new to the forum and have been searching for posts on installing some splash guards or small mud flaps on my 04 SS (Victory Red). I found some old posts from 2003 but was unable to look at the pics. I realize that they are not for everyone, but I agree with those posts saying they will tolerate the look in exchange for the protection they provide, especially here in the northeast. I would like to know the brand and model numbers that fit the best. I'm not the best at searching posts, so I may need only some direction in where to find an older post on the subject. Thanks for the help,

Welcome to the forums!

You can check out my garage to see mine, I painted mine to match the truck. I used Husky Liners, #31301.

+1 for protecting the truck. If you want to take it a step further add Lund plastic runningboards. I was surprised to see how clean some trucks were during winter with these on, compared to step-up bars.

http://www.truckaddons.com/Catalog/subpages/lund_factorystyle.htm

Welcome to the forums!

You can check out my garage to see mine, I painted mine to match the truck. I used Husky Liners, #31301.

Thanks for the info. I like the way they look. I was thinking of trimming them to follow the contour of the rounded part so that they were a little shorter. I tried looking up part number 31301 on the Husky Liner website but that number refers to floor mat liners. Their customer service responded to me with a recommendation for the universal flat mud guard which is not pre-drilled to match the factory holes. Were yours pre-drilled? What do you think about being able to trim them to make them shorter? Thanks again for the help. Keith

I must have had the wrong # on my files, surprised Dan didn't correct me. Sorry about that. Yes, they are kinda a universal set, not sure if it's truck universal or generic GM, but they fit like they are supposed to, and they were not predrilled. Now, as for trimming them, you can, however, the more you take off, the less protection they provide. I have mine come out of the wheel wells just 1/4" or less to greatly reduce the rock ships, sand blasting, and salt spray off the sides.