New Carpet

I was in a hurry to get back home and put a gas can in the back area :nono: and spilled some gas on the back carpet. :fume: I washed it out really good but can still smell a little gas. So I'm thinking about changing the carpet because I know everytime I get in the truck its going to be there. :nonod:

:withstupid: What he says...

Or if you want to do it yourself, remove it, use a good carpet cleaner, do both sides where the spill was.

Let it air dry and reinstall. You should be able to get it all out.

WW :cool:

:withstupid: More than likely the you got the gas out of the carpet but not the sound deadening pad underneath the carpet. Try cleaning that. If thge smell is still there you could try cutting out that peice of padding. Good luck.. If I were closer I'd steam it for you.

I had the carpet cleaned by a pro the other day and it seemed to take the smell away. I'll give it a couple of days to see if it comes back, they use some smelly lemon scent on it and shampooed it pretty good. Craig they couldn't clean the pad as well as the carpet so I think I'm going to have to cut the section out and replace it.

Clay

Archived