New From So Cal La

mrgoodbar67

hello fellas,

im a current 2002 cadillac dts fully loaded owner and im looking to buy a silverado ss, a 2007 specifically with 50,000 miles black on black.

it is beautiful truck that defintely kix ass.

1st- is it worth it?

pros and cons.....

personally, i can list allotta pros....however, i want to know what kind of issues have occurred with this truck.

i want to buy this truck from a dealer here in so cal south bay area and want to know what issues occur, how severe they are, when or at what mileage it occurs at and how much is cost to repair.

i currently have an issue with the head gaskets on my dts that is very expensive to repair and would have loved to know this issue was bound to happen before i bought the car.

any help i appreciated thanks.

First off, welcome to the site! cheers.gif Secondly, I'm sure you would be more than pleased with the truck. I have just over 100,xxx miles on my 04 and still running strong. Luckily for you with an 07 you dont have any of the AWD parts to worry about. Only thing I could recommend is check out the tranny and make sure it is shifting well and if you plan to mod the truck at all make it a priority to beef up the trans. G/l man!

Welcome to the site! pepsicheer.gif

How much are they asking for the SS? They don't have to many problems if well taken care of and not modded.

i dont like modding my cars to much. so mods are outta the question.

Welcome to the site. The only problem I ever had was the infamous steering cluck. But it was under warranty. over 60,000 miles and still still drives like a new car.

"steering cluck"? whats that?

First off, welcome to the site! cheers.gif Secondly, I'm sure you would be more than pleased with the truck. I have just over 100,xxx miles on my 04 and still running strong. Luckily for you with an 07 you dont have any of the AWD parts to worry about. Only thing I could recommend is check out the tranny and make sure it is shifting well and if you plan to mod the truck at all make it a priority to beef up the trans. G/l man!

why would i be lucky about not having AWD parts? i thought all ss silverados were all wheel drive.

the 07 has 50k miles and theyre asking $23998 w/ out used certifed warranty in south bay ca

the 06 has 38k miles and thyre asking $27895 w/ gm USED Certified warranty in santa paula ca

i found another 03 ss for $21,000 for with 53k miles w/out gm used certified warranty and chrome non ss stock rims (sux bc i love the stock ss rims)

Edited by mrgoodbar67 (see edit history)

i dont like modding my cars to much. so mods are outta the question.

"steering cluck"? whats that?

why would i be lucky about not having AWD parts? i thought all ss silverados were all wheel drive.

the 07 has 50k miles and theyre asking $23998 w/ out used certifed warranty in south bay ca

the 06 has 38k miles and thyre asking $27895 w/ gm USED Certified warranty in santa paula ca

i found another 03 ss for $21,000 for with 53k miles w/out gm used certified warranty and chrome non ss stock rims (sux bc i love the stock ss rims)

Those are some pretty high prices especially the 03, not all SS's have all wheel drive. They were only AWD from 2003-2005 and in 2005 it was an option to have AWD so some of the 2005's are 2WD. All 2006 and 2007 model years are 2WD.

Edited by Matt* (see edit history)