New Guy!

Smoak352

Hi guys!

I am new to the forum. I currently have a 2009 Sierra Denali (6.2L) which is for sale. As soon as it sells I will be in the market for a Silverado SS! I have owned a 2001 Ford Lightning and a 2003 Harley truck. I am happy with my GMC but it just does not justify the cost.

I would like to know what are any common problems or things I should look out for when looking for an SS. I understand they are available in AWD which I really want. Also how much should I expect to pay for a 2004 SS with around 50,000 miles??

Thanks for any input guys!

Edited by Smoak352 (see edit history)

welcome!

and here is the kelley blue book on it. . .

http://www.kbb.com/used-cars/chevrolet/silverado-1500-extended-cab/2004/private-party-value/pricing-report?condition=excellent&id=347828&equipment=4072041%7ctrue&mileage=50000

it sounds a bit steep to me, but the sss is a great investment. i've had just about no huge problems with my 04 and i love it to death.

get awd, you wont be disappointed

I just recently got a 2004 SS with 55k miles and paid 23000 for it. It was in immaculate condition and came with a Leer hard tonneau, a bed rug, and a very cleanly installed trailer brake. 20000 - 21000 for a clean stock base with 50k would be very reasonable.

Welcome and good luck.

• 2 weeks later...