Better Gas Millage

03bluessguy

Hello all,

Just had a couple question i am averaging about 12mpg is there any way to get better gas millage. i have put a cold air intake on it. If i start putting in snethic oil will that help i fill up all the time with 92octace. please let me know if there are any sercerts? what kind of gas millage is everybody else getting. I have a 2003 ss with 56,000miles on it thanks.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello all,

Just had a couple question i am averaging about 12mpg is there any way to get better gas millage. i have put a cold air intake on it. If i start putting in snethic oil will that help i fill up all the time with 92octace. please let me know if there are any sercerts? what kind of gas millage is everybody else getting. I have a 2003 ss with 56,000miles on it thanks.

That's about what I get, driving like a granny I've gotten 15. I've heard a tune from Wheatley or somebody else on the site should help... Getting a tune hopefully this week or next and then I should know!

19-21mpg on the highway with all my mods........the biggest thing you can do is get tuned to help with efficiency. There are also a few other maintenance items you can do to improve fuel mileage like proper tire pressure, spark plugs/wires, TB and MAF service, and a fuel system cleaner additive.

19-21mpg on the highway with all my mods........the biggest thing you can do is get tuned to help with efficiency. There are also a few other maintenance items you can do to improve fuel mileage like proper tire pressure, spark plugs/wires, TB and MAF service, and a fuel system cleaner additive.

what is that tune spot and where is it located? what should i put it my gas

Contact Black Bear Wheatley or zippy for a tune

Also use the search button to look and see what everyone else is doing or running. Also check out my sig on this page. I did a tune exhaust 160 t stat plugs wires.. Also switched to Sunoco 93 and get much improved mpg's.

Also tires will help. You might have low air pressure or what not.

Contact Black Bear Wheatley or zippy for a tune

Also use the search button to look and see what everyone else is doing or running. Also check out my sig on this page. I did a tune exhaust 160 t stat plugs wires.. Also switched to Sunoco 93 and get much improved mpg's.

Also tires will help. You might have low air pressure or what not.

what kind of hp are you pulling? what kind of gas millage are you getting?

Hp couldn't tell you.

mpgs around 13-14 but thats back roads and I'm not flooring it!! I get a little better then stock on highway when my foot isn't buried to the floor.

If you're looking for a good mpg vehicle this truck isn't it!!

oh yeah i am not just seeing if i maybe could get a lil better. i have owed this for 5years and really happy with it.