How Or What To Use To Tune My Truck?

yfz450_0569

Get in touch with Wheatley, he can send you an EFI live Autocal unit, this way he can e-mail you tune updates and you can load them yourself.....

Yeah that's what I was planning on, but I'm still wondering about tuning everything myself though. I'm guessing he can get more power out of it anyway, but I just think it would be fun to tune it...

Get in touch with Wheatley, he can send you an EFI live Autocal unit, this way he can e-mail you tune updates and you can load them yourself.....

By the way, what mods you have to run the 13.923? Also maybe a few of the conditions... I'm getting more and more excited what these things can do with minor work drool.gif

It sounds like fun till you blow it up!!!

Not saying you would or will but one or 2 things that are "off" and boom.. Talk to Charlie and tell him your goals. Im sure he can help you out to get the MAX out of that truck!!!! Good luck..

Yeah probably a good idea, probably don't have what it takes to tune it.. I just used to drive a diesel and could tune quite a few little things a long with many different power levels, miss that a lot!

By the way, what mods you have to run the 13.923? Also maybe a few of the conditions... I'm getting more and more excited what these things can do with minor work drool.gif

K&N CAI

Wheatley Custom Tune

Dynatech LT's w/gutted cats

GMPP/Magnaflow cat-back

SLP 160* T-stat

Taylor 409 wires/NGK TR55ix plugs

Detroit TrueTrac

TA Bearing Girdle/ARP bearing cap studs

3000 stall 10.5" 3 disc PI Vigilante TC

PerformaBuilt "Invincible" Level III 4L65E

TruCool Max 40k trans cooler

28" M&H Racemaster DR's

The 13.923 was my best overall ET, and that came with some wheel spin on launch even with DRs. I have trapped as high as 97.51mph with the same mods and a few tuning tweaks, but lacked decent traction LOL. With the DRs, I have have pulled 60fts as low as 2.009. Believe me when I tell you she has more in her, if I can get the traction, I know she can pull off a 13.8xx, maybe even a 13.7xx. All of my 13 second passes (she has pulled around 6-7 of them) were in dry weather with 40-50* ambient temperature.

As far as the built transmission and built rear end are concerned, they are not necessary to get into the 13's, as many here have proven this with shift kits, servos, and stock G80 diffs. Due to a couple of mechanical failures, I upgraded as a result, instead of rebuilding with stock parts.

With a GOOD tune, LT headers, and a stall, you should be able to make it into the 13's......

K&N CAI

Wheatley Custom Tune

Dynatech LT's w/gutted cats

GMPP/Magnaflow cat-back

SLP 160* T-stat

Taylor 409 wires/NGK TR55ix plugs

Detroit TrueTrac

TA Bearing Girdle/ARP bearing cap studs

3000 stall 10.5" 3 disc PI Vigilante TC

PerformaBuilt "Invincible" Level III 4L65E

TruCool Max 40k trans cooler

28" M&H Racemaster DR's

The 13.923 was my best overall ET, and that came with some wheel spin on launch even with DRs. I have trapped as high as 97.51mph with the same mods and a few tuning tweaks, but lacked decent traction LOL. With the DRs, I have have pulled 60fts as low as 2.009. Believe me when I tell you she has more in her, if I can get the traction, I know she can pull off a 13.8xx, maybe even a 13.7xx. All of my 13 second passes (she has pulled around 6-7 of them) were in dry weather with 40-50* ambient temperature.

As far as the built transmission and built rear end are concerned, they are not necessary to get into the 13's, as many here have proven this with shift kits, servos, and stock G80 diffs. Due to a couple of mechanical failures, I upgraded as a result, instead of rebuilding with stock parts.

With a GOOD tune, LT headers, and a stall, you should be able to make it into the 13's......

Alright that's pretty good.. I'm hoping to get below 14.5 with a tune but not sure.