Need 2 Get Wired ?

Chip

Anybody have any complaints bout these wires taylor 409 (pn#79205 red ones). I have just got a deal on a 2003 ss awd with 35,000 miles it doesnt really need them but i want to get all the performance out of it tha i can afford. I have put a magnaflow exhaust on and going for k and n cai, i am going to replace the plugs with delco iridium plugs when i do, then i am going to get an tune and whatever cash permits me to do???

u dont really need wires. especially with that low of miles its not really gonna give u a better spark. i wouldnt waste money on them. i would get a 160* stat but make sure u tell whoever u decide to get it tuned that u have it

u dont really need wires. especially with that low of miles its not really gonna give u a better spark. i wouldnt waste money on them. i would get a 160* stat but make sure u tell whoever u decide to get it tuned that u have it

Should i get new plugs or spend money elsewhere on performance?? I want to go through everything because it set for awhile before i bought it, but it seems very well kept and just want all the possible ponies and performance possible?

Wouldn't change plugs wire just yet but only if you want to. I changed my plugs and wires at 100K.

Spend your money on a tune.. Blackbear, Wheatley, Zippy. Do some looking around on here and Im sure you will get some good ideas!!

truck is a daily driver how much down time am i looking at with a wheatley tune,i know you have to take out ecm and ship it to him, but on the up side any down time will be worth the wait for a wheatley tune i understand!!

truck is a daily driver how much down time am i looking at with a wheatley tune,i know you have to take out ecm and ship it to him, but on the up side any down time will be worth the wait for a wheatley tune i understand!!

No downtime, he can send you a tuned PCM, then you just ship your old one back to him. :thumbs:

Or you buy another PCM and send yours to him. That way there is no down time.. Also check out Black bear meets. They ride with you and tune your truck as you drive...

Cool i think i will get wires then ssek a tune, i get a little discount on parts from working in an auto parts store so i will go ahead and probably get wires and delco plugs, and see what gains it makes?

How will a 160 degree t-stat do if i put in in before a tune is done?

i would contact wheatley, tell him ur putting a 160 stat on and whatever other mods ur doing and then when it comes in , put the 160 stat in and the pcm at the same time and there ya go.

Ok so can anybody tell me how is my truck going to perform after i get a tune and a 160 degree t-stat, i will have a k and n cai, new plugs (delco iridium) new wires (taylor wires) and a magnaflow muffler. Hope to see big improvement on mpg and hp???????

Ok so can anybody tell me how is my truck going to perform after i get a tune and a 160 degree t-stat, i will have a k and n cai, new plugs (delco iridium) new wires (taylor wires) and a magnaflow muffler. Hope to see big improvement on mpg and hp???????

it'll wake that sucker up thats fer sure, as far as mpg u wont be able to keep ur foot out of it long enough to tellbiggrinjester.gif