New Guy, New Truck :D

Hey everyone,

Names Gavin, finally upgraded from my beater 95 c/k to this sex machine 04 AWD SSS. It's always been a dream truck of mine and now its finally here :D

Got her at a local chevy dealership with 162,XXX km's. The truck drives and looks as if it just rolled off the line, it's completely stock and as far as I can tell it's never been modded before either.

Short term plans for the truck are to:

-remove the winter grill cover things, the OEM grille is cracked and missing a tiny section so they slapped it on as a coverup, any idea's where to get a cheap ish replacement for that? they quoted me at 800 bucks for it....

-remove the steps/running boards

-removing the decals on the side and give her a good wax/detail

Long term for now is to just get a full exhaust, tune, and intake. Any suggestions as to what to go with? So far im thinking the edge cts programmer, and the KNN cai. Not sure on exhaust kits.

PICS :D

IMG_0376.jpg

IMG_0374.jpg

IMG_0372.jpg

IMG_0371.jpg

nice truck man, always good to have another canadian on here, deff. get rid of the step bars and that graphic. as far as mods go, most go with corsa or magnaflow and for a tune get a custom one done by wheatley on here way better then any programmer you can get.

thats a lot of miles to START modding. of course an intake exhaust and tune arent a lot but thats a lot of miles on that truck. tranny, front diff, rear diff, and engine will soon to have problems.

Yeah that worries me a lot, which is why I don't think I'm gonna go as far as doing anything extreme like forced induction. Just baby it for now until I start making some real money next year, maybe buy one with less mileage. /shrug.

Hey good to see another local-ish Canadian (Rochester AB here). Look up paulguy. He is also in Edmonton too. We might have enough people for a meet soon hey 03? :pepsicheer:

Lol thanks :P I would definitely be up for a meet if that's ever talked about.

Got her at a local chevy dealership with 162,XXX km's.

thats a lot of miles to START modding. of course an intake exhaust and tune arent a lot but thats a lot of miles on that truck. tranny, front diff, rear diff, and engine will soon to have problems.

Geez Bob, way to make the newbie feel like crap, just because the truck has some miles on it doesn't mean it is gonna fall apart. In sense, the truck is just getting broken in. ......and by the way, 162,000km is the equivalent of around 100,000 miles. :idiot:

welcome to the site Gavin :cheers:

Geez Bob, way to make the newbie feel like crap, just because the truck has some miles on it doesn't mean it is gonna fall apart. In sense, the truck is just getting broken in. ......and by the way, 162,000km is the equivalent of around 100,000 miles. :idiot:

welcome to the site Gavin :cheers:

hehe thanks fireman.

First mod I'm looking at doing is getting HID kits for the fogs and low/high beams. Any suggestions as to what vendors to go with for that? As I was just looking at some on ebay earlier today.

Congrats on the truck!!! Don't feel bad man I have 30k less then you and I beat on her every day.. As far as headlights and fogs go Art aka WICKEDOWESIX is a great guy to work with Im getting ready to order HID"S for my fogs and headlights as well.

Not able to view the link, says I'm not allowed to view member profiles? I assume I have to hit 10 posts or something first then eh?

Should I get HID's for the High Beams as well? I was looking at just LED bulbs for that.

Welcome to the group!!!! Nice ride! I have HID's in hi/low/fog. I bought my tbss in alaska and it's hours between cities with no street lights. So high's were a must for me. Depending on how much you leave the Edmonton area....you may want hi's as well. I definitely used my hi's often in AK and then when I drove from AK to VA...through Canada. :) Good luck!