Bear Alumasports (W/ Pbr Calipers)

misterp

An FYI -

I have the Baer Alumasport brake kit on the rear of my truck, and it needed replacement pads; after searching the internet I never found what replacement pads to use, and it was Saturday so calling Baer for help was not an option. I went to O'Reilly Auto and started hunting through boxes and found that front brake pads for a 2000 C5 Corvette fit. I suspect that these PBR calipers were probably OE on the 1999-2000 Z51 Vette (the Fixed Roof Coupe cars). If you want the actual Bear parts, their Alumasport replacement pads are part number D1058. Other pads that we looked at which didn't fit were 93-97 F-body, 98-02 F-body, Chrysler 300C, and the Hemi Charger.

I will have to go through this enjoyment again soon on the 6S calipers, the pads on those are about gone too!

Mr. P. :)

PS - one other thing: I found that the pad wear was very uneven, and favored the OUTSIDE pad rather than the inside one; the outside pads had worn all the way down to the backing plates while the inside ones had not even reached the wear indicator (squeal) tabs. So do not count on the wear indicators to tell you when the pads are low, visually inspect the pads for wear at occasional intervals or you'll get surprised with chewed rotors.

Edited by Mr. P. (see edit history)