Track Times

renaldo99

Ok for my first time going to the track on stock tires and a half tank of gas i ran my tahoe 6 times and got these #s

2wd runs

1st run 1/8 [email protected] 1/4 [email protected]

2nd run 1/8 [email protected] 1/4 13.328@103

4wd runs

1st run 1/8 [email protected] 1/4 [email protected]

2nd run 1/8 [email protected] 1/4 [email protected]

3rd run 1/4 13.199@? forgot to pick up slip but was told i ran this

kinda dissapointed with my times i was really thinking i was gonna get high 12's..

just wanna know what i can do to get better times ????

did u spin a lot? brobadh's talkin about 60 ft....what was ur reaction time......those r pretty good numbers ide be pumped on empepsicheer.gif,if u run slicks i bet ud pick up a tenth or two

2wd runs

1st run 1/8 [email protected] 1/4 [email protected] =reaction +.267 60ft1.981 594ft8.133

2nd run 1/8 [email protected] 1/4 13.328@103 =reaction +.501 60ft1.914 594ft8.054

4wd runs

1st run 1/8 [email protected] 1/4 [email protected]= reaction + .177 60ft1.858 594ft7.991

2nd run 1/8 [email protected] 1/4 [email protected] =reaction +.160 60ft1.840 594ft7.966

good r\t'spepsicheer.gif

tanks bro, the reason why my 2wd r/t's were high is cause i didnt do a high launch... when i lauched at 2500rmps i was slipping bad so the nxt time around i just held the brake and then punched it

heres some vids

http://www.youtube.com/user/rharmis99

DYNO TUNED BY VECTOR MOTORSPORTS MI.

Can you share more on the results of your dyno tune? What was the torque/power curve like? How about 'situational' conditions, like what was the altitude and temperature of the air during your runs? What was your IATs etc? We have seen supercharged trucks loose 1/2-second easy when they have to run at high altitude and/or high IATs. Our trucks are really performance sensitive to air temps.

Mr. P. :)

PS - never mind, I just realized you are in MI so the D.A. was probably not bad. Still would be curious as to what your IATs and dyno results are.

Edited by Mr. P. (see edit history)

Can you share more on the results of your dyno tune? What was the torque/power curve like? How about 'situational' conditions, like what was the altitude and temperature of the air during your runs? What was your IATs etc? We have seen supercharged trucks loose 1/2-second easy when they have to run at high altitude and/or high IATs. Our trucks are really performance sensitive to air temps.

Mr. P. smile.gif

PS - never mind, I just realized you are in MI so the D.A. was probably not bad. Still would be curious as to what your IATs and dyno results are.

it was 60 dagree weather . my first dyno run was 420rwhp and 400rwtq and it wasnt tuned right and something was wrong with the tune because it never would burn out and it would delay when i would punch it so i took it back they fixed the problem and they said it has 25-30hp more and they fixed the timing thats why it wouldnt burn out and thats why my rwtq was so low.. they didnt dyno run it again though so idk what my rwtq is now.. and idk what u mean by IATs lol still new to this

it was 60 dagree weather . my first dyno run was 420rwhp and 400rwtq and it wasnt tuned right and something was wrong with the tune because it never would burn out and it would delay when i would punch it so i took it back they fixed the problem and they said it has 25-30hp more and they fixed the timing thats why it wouldnt burn out and thats why my rwtq was so low.. they didnt dyno run it again though so idk what my rwtq is now.. and idk what u mean by IATs lol still new to this

IAT = "intake air temperature"; your motor breathes in underhood air, it gets compressed by the supercharger which also massively heats the air in the process, and then the intercooler chills it back down - the final resulting temperature is measured by a sensor in the intake manifold and the PCM uses that number to calculate how much oxygen is in the air. Hot air has less oxygen in it than cold air. The problem with the air-to-water intercoolers is that once they get hot, they stay hot - so your first run of the day on a Radix/TVS will likely be your best, because the heat exchanger is now hot for the rest of the evening.

I just saw something else - you are running 3.42 rear gears, that is probably costing you a lot of time right there. On a 4x4 it would not be cheap, but I would suggest (cost no option) replace the front & rear gears with 3.90's or even 4.11's, that will get your 60-ft time down in the 1.80 if not even into the 1.7's.

Cheaper things you can do - use RPM to your advantage; what did your tuner set your shift points to? What RPM are you shifting at for 2nd and 3rd gears?

What brand converter do you have?

You've got a lot of the pieces, it's all about bringing them together now! I agree with you, given what you describe in your sig I would expect your Ho to be capable of high-12's if not even low-12s after serious tweaking & gearing.

Mr. P. :)

Edited by Mr. P. (see edit history)

IAT = "intake air temperature"; your motor breathes in underhood air, it gets compressed by the supercharger which also massively heats the air in the process, and then the intercooler chills it back down - the final resulting temperature is measured by a sensor in the intake manifold and the PCM uses that number to calculate how much oxygen is in the air. Hot air has less oxygen in it than cold air. The problem with the air-to-water intercoolers is that once they get hot, they stay hot - so your first run of the day on a Radix/TVS will likely be your best, because the heat exchanger is now hot for the rest of the evening.

I just saw something else - you are running 3.42 rear gears, that is probably costing you a lot of time right there. On a 4x4 it would not be cheap, but I would suggest (cost no option) replace the front & rear gears with 3.90's or even 4.11's, that will get your 60-ft time down in the 1.80 if not even into the 1.7's.

Cheaper things you can do - use RPM to your advantage; what did your tuner set your shift points to? What RPM are you shifting at for 2nd and 3rd gears?

What brand converter do you have?

You've got a lot of the pieces, it's all about bringing them together now! I agree with you, given what you describe in your sig I would expect your Ho to be capable of high-12's if not even low-12s after serious tweaking & gearing.

Mr. P. smile.gif

well i have a roush tvs1900 not a radix and my air box is covered its a volant and i have a ram air scoop by ss bumper for more cold air..

i drive on the freeway 6days a week for work so idk about the 4:10s

i believe my truck shifts over 6k

i have a yank converter

well i have a roush tvs1900 not a radix and my air box is covered its a volant and i have a ram air scoop by ss bumper for more cold air..

i drive on the freeway 6days a week for work so idk about the 4:10s

i believe my truck shifts over 6k

i have a yank converter

get the 4.10s that would drop your quarter mile time by like 2-4 tenths and raise your mph,i didnt notice that much of a change in the highway it maybe raised my rpm by 200 to 300 rpm max

Gears! I'll bet you cross the traps at like 4800 rpms. The blower and cam have extended your powerband. You will want to be shifting like 6100-6200. Also how much boost you making?

im going to be buying some 4.10s soon for the F+R.. and i was told my boost is from 5-7psi