Ls6 Cam

I am looking to put in a cam sometime int he future. Is the LS6 cam a good power improvement for a DD? If so how is a kit like this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/COMP-CAMS-396-427-454-CHEVY-NOSTALGIA-PLUS-LS6-CAM-KIT-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem3f0320ca47QQitemZ270635420231QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

That cam kit looks like its for a old Big Block Chevy not an LS series motor or our trucks. Do not buy that particularly kit as its not the right one. I'm sure someone will chime in about the LS6 cam I just don't know anything about that cam.

most are going to say unless you get the ls6 cam for next to nothing its not worth the work and cost to do it. if your going FI in the future its a decent upgrade. a custom spec'd cam will be your best route everytime. good luck. gary

• 1 month later...

There are a couple of different LS6 cams the common one had a .525 lift and the has a .560 lift (forget the duration). I had the .525 lift LS6 cam laying around so I swapped it 9didn't cost me anything). The only real difference was a little more top end. If your going to due cam look around the are better ones for less.