Shorty Header Positive Feedback?

DBTKDT

I'm sure that this is talked about. I'm looking for some feedback on installing shorty headers. I was thinking of doing them on my 1500 HD. Nobody makes a mid-pipe section to make the long tube headers work and the shops around here don't want to mess with it because of the cats. So I'm on the fence on what to do? I'm thinking of the shorties and looking for your thoughts on what is the better brands out there and if anyone can give feedback for sound and performance? Looking for some good feedback. Thanks everybody!

not much performance increase with shortys. there are multiple companies that make long tube headers for the 6.0 trucks that connect to your factory exhasut with no modification. they are not cheap but they offer alot more performance. try stainless works, american racing headers, kooks( i think), dynatech, obx, and lpp. all offer catted connection pipes to complete your setup. dont bother with the shortys unless your just going for looks. good luck. gary

i have doug thorley shorties since i live in california. they were a good investment and i noticed a mid rpm increase in performance and sound, it was deeper and sounded sweet. now that i look back i wish i would have gone with long tubes.

in the future i'm gonna get myself a set of dynatech LTs

Edited by ChinoHillian (see edit history)

i have dough thorley shorties since i live in california. they were a good investment and i noticed a mid rpm increase in performance and sound, it was deeper and sounded sweet. now that i look back i wish i would have gone with long tubes.

in the future i'm gonna get myself a set of dynatech LTs

x 2 couldnt of said it better!