Fender Rust.....Wtf....

rpcase

Heres a pic of the the lip on my rear fender just above the tire....passenger side is similar. Anything I can do as it is about to come around onto the side. 2005 silverado ss w/ 71k miles. Thank You, Ryan.

post-20732-128595574087_thumb.jpg

I would remove the paint from the affected area, wire brush off as much of the rust as possible. If the metal is still thick enough to carry on, use some rust remover like this stuff:

Safest rust remover

EVAPO-RUST, Rust Remover

It takes some patience, but it is great stuff because it does not eat away at anything but the rust. So you don't have to worry about spoiling the paint around it or disolving your fingers off. It does need to be washed across the rust for a while, but it does doe the trick.

Once it is clean, spray with one of those rust converting primers and then follow up with some rattle can paints that match your car color, like duplicolor.

Or just take it to a body shop and let them do it for you. They may want to cut out the area and weld in a new section if it is bad enough.

My bad about the flaps. As stupid as it sounds you might want to get some stock fender flares to protect it during the winter and spring if its your daily driver.

Good luck on your fix, red is not too hard to match paint, unlike the Arrival Blue.

Maine is my vacation spot, hope to meet up sometime. Chevy_anim.gif

Wow that looks like some pretty serious rust, I've never seen a New Body Style truck rust yet, at least up here. Hope you can get it fixed asap! pepsicheer.gif

Funny thing is that its pretty much the only rust on the whole truck....

Thanks for posting this. I looked in my wheel wells today, and I got rust too. I gotta take care of this before winter so it doesn't creep up on the box sides.

I'll just hit it with a scotch bright pad on the angle grinder and put some por15 on it. I think I have some kicking around here.

Stupid salted roads...