Dmh Cutout Installed

zachm89

Finally got my DMH 3.5'' cutout in after waiting over a month for it! So far I love it, just ran into a couple snags. The welds on the flanged part of the cutout pipe AND the gasket were keeping the cutout from opening/closing completely. I trimmed up the gasket and ground down the weld and it helped a lot but for some reason once the exhaust gets hot the cutout still wont close all the way. I'm going to take a little more off the inside weld and see if the helps. It opens and closes completely fine when the truck is cool so maybe its just the metal expanding? Ill get a sound clip up tomorrow morning.

That should sound awesome! That sucks though if it's leaking, definitely send it in for warranty if it does. The DMH cutout on my 69' works flawlessly, its mounted right off the headers so if its open I can run basically open headers haha!

its not really leaking, it just wont close all the way like something is putting the valve in a bind. it closes and opens fine when the truck is cool but once it warms up if the cutout is closed all the way it will not open completely and if it is open all the way it wont close completely. i think its just the metal expanding once it gets warm and that stupid weld inside the pipe needs to be ground down more. i definitely love being able to go from super quiet to loud as F**K whenever i want. haha