Engine Power Reduced?

funceca88

Ok so i turned my truck on yesterday morning, and as im driving off the driveway i noticed that on my dash it said 'ENGINE POWER REDUCED'. I GAVE IT A LITTLE GAS AND ITS LIKE IT WOULD NOT COME OUT OF FIRST GEAR!!, oh and did i mention the T/C was also deactivated!. well i turned it off and on again with the same results.Well i turned it off AGAIN and like that the truck got back to normal.

i went to the dealer and they told me it could be any number of reasons, including emissions??question.gif .The only add ons i have are an air intake, exhaust and supershits flashpack tuner.Im really concerned about this, any help would be greatly appreciated.thanks

Same dam thing happened to me last winter, Only did it the one time, never could figure out what it was. Mine is completely stock

Ok so i turned my truck on yesterday morning, and as im driving off the driveway i noticed that on my dash it said 'ENGINE POWER REDUCED'. I GAVE IT A LITTLE GAS AND ITS LIKE IT WOULD NOT COME OUT OF FIRST GEAR!!, oh and did i mention the T/C was also deactivated!. well i turned it off and on again with the same results.Well i turned it off AGAIN and like that the truck got back to normal.

i went to the dealer and they told me it could be any number of reasons, including emissions??question.gif .The only add ons i have are an air intake, exhaust and supershits flashpack tuner.Im really concerned about this, any help would be greatly appreciated.thanks

happened to me, it was so damb cold here like -30 and the truck sat out all night and in the morning same deal so i got some space in the garage and warmed it up and it was good to go. i wouldnt be to worried about it to much unless it starts to happen lots.

had the same problem when I first got my SS. I found out that the oil from my K&N filter had got onto the mass air flow sensor. Try taking the maf sensor off and thoroughly cleaning it with maf sensor spray. A simple fix if thats the problem before you get dinged $70 bucks from the dealer to just look at it.

There's a TSB out for this and it happened to a guy I used to work with truck... the fly by wire may have a bad connection, broken wire strands in the connector (they specify the yellow wire in the tsb) or a bad throttle body. Oh, and check grounds in that area too.

good luck

You might want to clean your throttle body and just inside the intake with a rag and some carb and choke cleaner. Just pop it open and stick the rag in there and clean it up. The throttle body blade might have been sticking on start due to gunk build up and the pcm saw that something was wack with it and put it in REP. Also check your gas cap as that has been known to cause this too.

Stop in to Autozone or somewhere that they can scan it for you for free. Then post up the codes it popped up.

Let us know what you find.

had this happen to me about a week ago when i was 3 hours from home, my buddy who is a mechanic was in the truck with me and said it was probably a drive by wire connection issue, a common intermittent problem wiht these year silverados. he said it could happen again in a week or could never happen again.

• 6 months later...

Mine has done the same thing, actually did it just last night, It has happened very randomly but It usually happens when I use my cruise control, but it happened last night after a short trip with the cruise control off. My truck is stock except for the exauhst, Ive already replaced my MAF about a year ago with a oem one and my throttle body is clean, any insight on this would be really helpful

• 3 weeks later...

Mine will do this when i get to like 5400 rpm's...but its on purpose so i dont blow my engine. the tuner put it in reduced power mode when i romp on it just as a safety percaution until i fix my fuel delivery issue...good luck though.

If any of the above people that have been having these issues have HID installed that is probably the reaso especially to the post who said he turned his lights on and off real fast i had this happen to me in my truck numerous time while my HID were installed and once i took them off i have not had a single problem. The casue is from the power draw that the HID take to turn on it makes that truck think there are major problems.

o have HIDS but the next day i started it and everything worked fine, but my check engine light was on all day then the light jst turned off???????? idk but she works hhaha:peelout:

If any of the above people that have been having these issues have HID installed that is probably the reaso especially to the post who said he turned his lights on and off real fast i had this happen to me in my truck numerous time while my HID were installed and once i took them off i have not had a single problem. The casue is from the power draw that the HID take to turn on it makes that truck think there are major problems.