Need Some Help Buds

Brunswicks SS

Well my friend Corey is trying to get me to mod my truck a little. I alredy have k an n 77 series CAI, custom exhaust. but what im asking you guys are what is the next step for my truck? he says like a cam and some headers but I really don`t know. If you were in my postions what would you buy for about 600$ including tune if needed. Thank you please post prices too with items thanks.

a really nice way to go i thought is a circle d 278mm stall which is an awesome mod, one you can feel it will brake stall to about 2800 and will flash right to 3000 when you step on it. it will run you about 395 bucks, if you want to spend the extra cash you could upgrade the tranny with a trans go shift kit which is like a hundred and some dollars , but dont forget youll have install prices and a tune. or you could just get a set of long tube headers which will be close to the same price

who has the best tune and why? and where should i get it done at? im in cleveland ohio area

Wheatley and Blackbear seem to be the big names as far as tuning SSS's go. Either one should be able to do you right. I have a Wheatley tune and love it. No need to take your truck anywhere, just tell them what you have, they mail you a flashed PCM, and you send them yours back. Of course, a live dyno tune would be better, but both company's seem to be spot on for mail order tunes.

Edited by deiselarmy13 (see edit history)

Well, I think first off you yourself should decide wether you want to mod the truck,not let your friend talk you into doing it. If your happy with the way it is then leave it an throw that in the bank incase something happens to go wrong. But if you wanna then start with a tune either wheatley or Blackbear (have heard great reviews from both) and a trans shift kit with maybe a vette servo and maybe some long tube headers.Save the cam for if your really serious about modding the truck b.c. depending on the cam you may need more work that goes along with the cam install. but thats just my two cents.

and what brand of headers are in your opinios best?

im trynin to make over 400 hp but i know this stuff wont put me there. but for the question do i want to mod my truck yeh i do. everyone wants there car or truck to be faster am i right. but remeber I only have 600 dollars headers and tune would be possible but the servoes and trans kit and stuff idk can any one give me prices?

Edited by Brunswicks SS (see edit history)

i think a sweet set of headers would by dynatech supermaxx headers

servos run about $15 a piece depending on where you get them. a shift kit is about $78 on summitracing

the stall depends on how you use your truck. everyday driver, weekend warrior?

look around in the transmission sub forum and all the info you need on these items should be there.

also check out on bolt on performance for headers, thats always coming up in there

cool.gif