Newbie Tune?

bigfoot258

All I can suggest is to do your research. I first joined this site expecting to drop my money on a generic "Jet Chip" or something. After further research, reviews, on top of dyno proven power, individualized service from the tuner, and free lifetime re-tunes I had to shell out the extra money for a professional tune. I was very, very impressed and satisfied with the decision. Best money I have spent on my truck so far.

IMO you get what you pay for - proven time and time again.

IMO you get what you pay for - proven time and time again.

Half of the "chips" and "programmer" are just as expensive if not more than a tune :crazy:

Get a tune from Wheatley, best thing I've done to my truck.

Half of the "chips" and "programmer" are just as expensive if not more than a tune crazy.gif

Yeah, I have seen programmers that cost as much and some that were way more than the pro tune. I was basing my info off of basically the Jet Chips that I was looking at being plug and go and about half the cost of the tune, but didn't have nearly the gains, quality, or ability to retune and upgrade. Hand held programmers weren't even an option for me as I didn't have the time or patience at this point to try to learn how I wanted my truck tuned and then do it as efficiently as Wheatley did. But I agree that a pro tune is the way to go.

I saw actual gains of 30hp on a dyno. Bone stock truck....but that was along time ago, guys have gotten even better at tuning.

My truck ran 294/342 to the wheels with a Hypercrap handheld, and 320/360 with Charlie Wheatley's tune......the proof is in the puddin'. :takealook: