Beat A Modded Str-8 Neon Bad,Dumb Ricer!

jtmarine02

So I'm driving in town in 5 o' clock traffic and a dumb red neon Srt-8 pulls up next to me and rev's his engine. Of course he's jammin' techno, is a young buck, and has all kinds of unnecessary stickers and large gauges all over the car. He had, what looked like, 13 inch tires up front and 16 inch in the rear. I could hear a turbo spool when he rev'd his engine at me, but I thought F*$# it! Well I took him on and beat him all 3 times. Needless to say, I beat him with ease; like at the least 5 car lanes. The first time was from a dead stop, second from 20-25 roll, and finally from 35 mph to about 80. He not once caught me or was even close. I'm in my late 20's so my adrenaline was running after the entire thing! Haven't had that much fun since I was on active duty USMC in Iraq! Cant say I do that too often, but it was worth it! Thought I'd share with you guys!

I know the feeling.. lots of fun!

Your truck stock? My sister has an srt4 and I would never expect to beat her.. maybe close to keep up, probably take on launch but never beat her all out.

No quite, I have a few bolt-ons and a wheatley tune. Now that I think about it the deuche had SRT-8 badges on it... probably wasnt a srt to begin with!!..?

No quite, I have a few bolt-ons and a wheatley tune. Now that I think about it the deuche had SRT-8 badges on it... probably wasnt a srt to begin with!!..?

Good kill! Probably was just a normal neon with stickers and a ebay turbo hacked onto it? LOL!

If it was a real srt-4 neon, and it was stock, it would be close. From a dig you would get him off the line till he caught traction and he would catch you. A modded on would most likely spin right past you and put buses on you. Unfortunately, those things are no joke. There is a guy from a local forum here that has one that puts down 604hp at 21psi at just under 2400 lbs. Either way, good kill. :pepsicheer: