03 Ss Mod List

stevet8754

I don't know much about the rest, but I would recommend finding long tube headers. Summit doesn't list them for an SSS but I would think ones off a regular 4x4 chevy would work. From what I've heard, shorty's aren't much better than stock manifolds..

Agreed, go with long tubes, you see a bigger difference in sound and performance.

Also I'd say go with Corsa or Magnaflow for an exhaust system, but these things depend on how much you are willing to spend, it will modify your totals a bit

Don't go with shorties,

Also qtp exhaust cutouts are junk. I had them and it didn't take to long for them to start to leak. And then all you here is an annoying ticking sound..

Also for mufflers look around magnaflow and corsa are nice but pricey, Im running Dynomax X flow. Nice and quite at idle and crazy at WOT!!!!

Again this is all my .02

Edited by Sick03ss (see edit history)

heres alot better deals on stuff in you look around...i would STRONGLY stay way from shorty headers...and for that price you can get longtubes anyways hell heres some nice logtubs that are cheaper

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.m748&item=150502534065&viewitem=&_trkparms=clkid%3D5132433290245347158

if you dont have to do emissions test..then just cut the cats out..and the money u saved will get you a really nice tune from some of the tuners on the site...zippy wheatly ..etc

if your gonna have that kinda money to spend at once..you can probly get a used magnacharger 112 for close to that price..and will see huge gains over the other stuff..but if your just lookin for alil better sound and looks then go that route

seeing your from NJ, i would first check on smog laws on running headers. if you can't run LT's try here..

http://www.bassani.com/part/601500C

there the longest mid we can use here in CA. a hole lot better than shorty's, but LT's are still best. also being in the salt belt i would spend the extra on the Gibson stainless steel system if available. your stock cats will flow quite well for what you have now, maybe down the road when more engine mods are done you can swap them out..JMO

i believe the front sway bar is 1 1/4" stock. i would just change out the end links with Energy suspension parts.

http://www.energysuspensionparts.com/

just my .02

good luck

thanks for all your comments and sudjestions.. i have redone my list and i will post it soon

so far im up to.

( thanks for telling me not to get the butterfly valves i read all sorts of posts and rexiews on the not lasting more than a year Sick03ss)

70-2265 99-05 Silverado/Sierra 2/4WD, 4.6/5.3L, Long Tube-----439.95

Off Road Y-pipe, 99-05 Siverado/Sierra. Use with #70-2265,72C2265-----214.95

will probably stick with the same sway bars and look into a set of slightly stiffer shocks for all 4 tires. ( just want to stiffen it up and not feel like there is no suspension. i looked and i have all orginal shocks all the way around).

im still looking into the cat back i want to get. and what brand of high flow cat i will buy. i live in jersey and this is a daily driver so i have to have cats. ( im to lazy to put them in when i go for inspection)

debating on modifying my O2 sensors and just weld a pipe in place of the cats but i have to reasearch what signals they send to the ECU in my truck. ( yay more reasearch).

feel free to comment guys. they are all appreciated. thanks ( good brands of shocks to stiffen the ride so im not so rolley in the corners. )

~ the noob with the SS

another fun fact about the 5.3,5.7, and 6.0 blocks the exause ports are in the same location ( acording to the service tech i spoke with from pasesetter) not sure f its tru or not.

thanks for all your comments and sudjestions.. i have redone my list and i will post it soon

so far im up to.

( thanks for telling me not to get the butterfly valves i read all sorts of posts and rexiews on the not lasting more than a year Sick03ss)

70-2265 99-05 Silverado/Sierra 2/4WD, 4.6/5.3L, Long Tube-----439.95

Off Road Y-pipe, 99-05 Siverado/Sierra. Use with #70-2265,72C2265-----214.95

will probably stick with the same sway bars and look into a set of slightly stiffer shocks for all 4 tires. ( just want to stiffen it up and not feel like there is no suspension. i looked and i have all orginal shocks all the way around).

im still looking into the cat back i want to get. and what brand of high flow cat i will buy. i live in jersey and this is a daily driver so i have to have cats. ( im to lazy to put them in when i go for inspection)

debating on modifying my O2 sensors and just weld a pipe in place of the cats but i have to reasearch what signals they send to the ECU in my truck. ( yay more reasearch).

feel free to comment guys. they are all appreciated. thanks ( good brands of shocks to stiffen the ride so im not so rolley in the corners. )

~ the noob with the SS

another fun fact about the 5.3,5.7, and 6.0 blocks the exause ports are in the same location ( acording to the service tech i spoke with from pasesetter) not sure f its tru or not.

A tuner can take care of this, therefore no further modification is needed to your rear o2 sensors.

Yes the heads have the same external dimensions, but the combustion chambers and components vary...

Edited by chpspecial (see edit history)

If you put in a straight pipe and modify your stock o2 you will be in the same boat...

As for passing, it depends on what testing you go trough. YOU will NOT pass the visual, but the OBDII test will since the check engine light will not be on, and the service test pass

well as for the visual test i brought my truck through inspection when i got it a few months ago ( bought it in PA ) and i watched them plug in the computer and im 90% sure nobody looked under my truck. the guy was bitching on how they have all these new brake and shock machines and they cant use them because jersey took out those tests lol. its just emisions now.

i think ill just buy a pair of high flow cats to be on the safe side.

anyone know a good site/brand that good but not goin to rape my wallet?