Additon To The Family

04CHASE

well this is as far as im ready to go as far as having a kid. Logan was brought home today he is almost 6 weeks old. So far he is pretty calm for a puppy . He is from a friend that recently had a litter of four. we are pretty sure we are going to bring his sister home tomorrow as well. we have a few friends that have husky's and all have two and make good companions with each other. here are the only pics i managed to take today as he was gone to get a check up . he is already pretty big so we know whats in store.

2010-10-08161638.jpg

2010-10-08161800.jpg

ready for a great night of sleep :icon_bs:

Looks like a champion breed you got (sire and dam). Stay away from electronic fencing at all cost, it will change your dogs behavior. I worked for one of those companies and quit within a week after seeing how dogs were so scared they would not leave the front steps or porch steps. I thought it was an Afghani Akita at first, but very beautifal Husky you have.

yeah no e-fencing . i have a large yard ( more than 1/4 acre) in so cal thats pretty big and its all my back yard that is all flat with grass. our fence's is about 6 feet all around except at the gates on the side of the houas which are 5>. planning to upgrade that pretty quick to a nice rout iron gate 7-8 feet tall.

Wow what a cute little guy! lol I just wanna play with him for hours! lol I am a sucker for dogs specially puppies lol.

My dad wont let me get one *sigh* he has no faith in my ability to care for one and he is paranoid about the mess. Oh well once college is done and I get my own place, im getting a Doberman Pinscher :)

Grats!

yeah no e-fencing . i have a large yard ( more than 1/4 acre) in so cal thats pretty big and its all my back yard that is all flat with grass. our fence's is about 6 feet all around except at the gates on the side of the houas which are 5>. planning to upgrade that pretty quick to a nice rout iron gate 7-8 feet tall.

That 7-8' will be perfect. Just make sure he doesnt dig under it, I had 3 acres and attempted to keep my beagles around but they just dug under the fence and they were gone 4-7 days no joke hunting in a conservation area uhoh.giflol.gif . Now I live on 1.5 acres and walk her twice daily, people around here are not dog freindly.

What I usually do for the first few nights is get a big open cardboard box (like something a 60 inch TV would come in) and just leave one of my blankets in the box and keep my beagle next to my bed. The first night is always the toughest but they get the idea they are not alone. Ive had beagles for 22 years and it seems to work, but it could be different breed to breed. cheers.gif

Logan is his name . he kept us up all night but we figured out he wont sleep if he poops near his bed . should have that fixed tonight . my ear protectors for the gun range work great for blocking loud whine's lol.

im pretty tired but that is why we got him on a friday . still thinking of adding a sister .

Cute lil pup, have fun cleaning up all the dookie for the first couple months. As for getting his sister, it can be good and bad. It will give him some way to burn off energy romping around with her but it can also be bad if they decide to fight a lot since they are bro/sis. I seriously thought you had a kid and was like "damn he never mentioned it"

Good luck Bro-Chacho

no kids for me shaun . we are probably the only younger people i know who dont have them yet. we dont plan to have them at least for 3 more years. i still have a few more toys i intend to buy before all that.

you need to get your ass back out to cali man you have missed all the awesome concerts weve had . either way you better make it down for my b-day/ ss reunion.

if not were planning for new years in vegas again. were going for the baller room at either the mgm signature or venetian

no kids for me shaun . we are probably the only younger people i know who dont have them yet. we dont plan to have them at least for 3 more years. i still have a few more toys i intend to buy before all that.

you need to get your ass back out to cali man you have missed all the awesome concerts weve had . either way you better make it down for my b-day/ ss reunion.

if not were planning for new years in vegas again. were going for the baller room at either the mgm signature or venetian

Hmm, when is your bday and as for vegas I did already schedule off of work 2days before that to give me an extra long weekend