Overhead Console

90zxdriver

I'm moving into a new town-home that is gated and has a garage. There is only one gate and garage remote and I have two vehicles so I need to upgrade my SSS to a Homelink overhead console. I've been watching ebay but the ones out of a Silverado/Sierra always seem to run $100+. However a Tahoe/Yukon one is about half that but it has the rear A/C controls where my SSS just has a pocket.

So, does anybody know if I buy a Tahoe/Yukon console and the swap out the rear A/C controls with the pocket from my SSS overhead console. I haven't pulled the console down yet but it looks like the pocket it removable. The two different overhead consoles look identical with the A/C controls being the exception.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I'm moving into a new town-home that is gated and has a garage. There is only one gate and garage remote and I have two vehicles so I need to upgrade my SSS to a Homelink overhead console. I've been watching ebay but the ones out of a Silverado/Sierra always seem to run $100+. However a Tahoe/Yukon one is about half that but it has the rear A/C controls where my SSS just has a pocket.

So, does anybody know if I buy a Tahoe/Yukon console and the swap out the rear A/C controls with the pocket from my SSS overhead console. I haven't pulled the console down yet but it looks like the pocket it removable. The two different overhead consoles look identical with the A/C controls being the exception.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I added the later Homelink console in my 2003 SSS, but it was from an Avalanche. My opinion, all these trucks are GMT-800 chassis vehicles, the Tahoe console should bolt right into place. Yeah I would guess a little car crafting would be all that's necessary to move the pocket from the existing console to the Homelink one. Hint - the Homelink console requires a separate 12V source for power, do not attempt to tap power off of the existing console wiring harness, you have to pull a separate 12V line up there from the fusebox or the transmitter will not work right. I still need to take mine down and redo it...

Mr. P.

Yeah I read about that. If you tap into the map lights for power you have to actually turn them on for the Homelink buttons to operate... or something along those lines... Electronics and wiring doesn't scare me... having things that don't fit right will though.

FYI, I used an overhead console out of another silverado, the body style before the '03 - '07 classic style, to mount my switch panel to. The console appeared to be the exact same, and pretty much was, except the connectors for the lights in the console. Just had to swap out the connectors from the factory one to the custom one.