Hit 115Mph Today, Still Had More

KAC1023

I just got my Silverado SS two months ago, did some small stuff, Bak Flip bed liner, Alpine radio, Blend Mount for my V1, tinted glass. Anyway, went to bring my dad to the Dr today (he has a 05 Duramax fully loaded). he asked how fast my truck goes because his with the Allison stops at 100mph, it runs out of motor, its fully rev'd. So I found a nice opening on the highway today and let er rip, got like 115-117 had my eyes on the road, saw the RPMs in the high 4k range. Are these trucks governed? If so, how high? And by me hitting this speed do you think I have a aftermarket program or PCM? I had a 94 Impala SS that was governed at 8mph, but using my Hypertech programmer I shut that off right away.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mine is governed at about 108, its pretty obnoxious i was on my way home from class last night and this guy in a corolla was riding my ass so i took off and so did he and he just kept his foot in it, when i hit governor he rolled right past me banghead.gif

lol its just irritating to get passed by a corolla cuz youre truck wont go any faster

...speed limiting usually relates to what the stock tires are speed rated for.

:withstupid:

mine is governed at about 108...

:withstupid:

The factory limits the PCM in the AWD trucks to 108-mph; the 2WD trucks are limited to 98-mph. Yup your truck has a lot more, after installing my shift kit, Corsa Sport, and CAI I flew by a group of about 60 bikers north of Glen Rose TX, and the truck upshifted into 4th 2/3rds of the way through the passing and kept on going, that's somewhere north of 134-mph. :dunno:

Mr. P. :)

wow i really to get a tune......i wanna go 135 like you guys haha peelout.gif

mine goes im sure 130ish also. the speedo tops out at 120 but keeps on pulling, but my truck is lifted with 285/75R17 bfg at ko. it gets a lil sketchy at that speed but thats in 3rd it wont shift into 4th. pepsicheer.gif im thinking of getting a speedometer that goes to 140mph and 7k tach

Edited by chevy vmax (see edit history)

we had Joes truck up to 149 on the dyno, using HPT logging, this was in third but the converter locked. I don't have the log in front of me but it was around 6600 rpm. At that MPH on a dyno loaded for wind drag...i don't think 4th gear would have done any good, third gear was barely pulling through.

we had Joes truck up to 149 on the dyno, using HPT logging, this was in third but the converter locked. I don't have the log in front of me but it was around 6600 rpm. At that MPH on a dyno loaded for wind drag...i don't think 4th gear would have done any good, third gear was barely pulling through.

i still think a 6500lb truck going 120+mph is d**m fast for it. it shocks a lot of people how fast these trucks go. peelout.gif