STS Turbo on the streets of Orlando

TurbochargedBerserker

Success! The turbo is in, and the EBC is in (although I hit the switch once and got 3 KR at full throttle and immediately switched it off until I have a chance to tune a bit).

My kit striaght out of the box is showing up to 7.5-8 lbs of boost under WOT in the higher gears. It really feels like someone is smacking that back of the seat with a 2x4. I like...

No real hp data or ets yet (just drove it for the first time. I didn't even have any engine codes to deal with thanks to Brent :thumbs: )

I don't like that sharp turns to the right rub cause a bit of tire rub, but we'll work that out. I don't have an exhaust tip, but my kit was pretty flawless on the parts up to the turbo, just the parts behind the turbo didn't match at all. No biggie there, anyone with an elbow and a torch can button that up.

Funniest story so far was the look on that supra driver's face... Guess he didn't expect that big red truck to make turbo sounds in his ear :D

I love it. Time to go play.

All right Erik!! :thumbs: All this talk about turbos is making me want one. Well maybe one day, but probably not anytime soon.

Watch out for the cops this weekend, they aren’t too lenient around holidays.

All right Erik!! :thumbs: All this talk about turbos is making me want one. Well maybe one day, but probably not anytime soon.

Watch out for the cops this weekend, they aren’t too lenient around holidays.

The good news on that front is that I haven't perfected the tune yet, so I'm still at low boost. My wife took a ride in the truck and promptly cleared me for a couple of tickets :D Although she is now claiming that this might be not exactly what she meant...

Women!

I have the .5 bar, I think. I told Dave 5psi in low mode and 10psi in high mode. I forgot to clarify the spring, though.

I did some tuning this morning... Peaked my IAT at close to 200, 165ish on average running 6-7psi (in high mode).

Hey Brent -- did your ebc come with instructions on turning it up? Mine didn't. How do you tell how much extra boost you're cranking in? Is it something simple like each click = ~1psi? (Gee I hope there are clicks :) )

Archived