I Need Some Help On The Pricing Of A Truck

NoTownBoi

So basically i found a Victory Red 2003 Silverado SS and I am really interested in it but I'm not to sure how much i sure offer or pay for it.

It's a 1 owner, just got 4 new tires and its oil done, and new chrome 20's on it.

its equipped with: All Wheel Drive * Air Conditioning * Power Steering * Power Windows * Power Door Locks * Tilt Wheel * Cruise Control * AM/FM Stereo * MP3 Single Compact Disc * Premium Sound * Dual Front Air Bags * ABS (4-Wheel) * Leather * Dual Power Seat * Privacy * Towing Package * and has 106,800 miles on it.

So basically your Average stock Sss. Very clean and well kept as well.

I am However new to the whole Sss Buying/Selling market so that's why i need help.

Anyone know what this truck is worth? Or better yet what I should pay for it?

If you want to see pictures of it just eMail me cuz the files are too big to fit on here.

[email protected]

Thanks Everybody,

Edited by NoTownBoi (see edit history)

I bought my Victory Red SS with 60k on it, aftermarket chrome 20's (I hate them!) and good tires, catback exhaust, a painted to match fiberglass tonneau cover and bed rug for $15k out the door (included tax, title, ect). This was about 6 months ago. The only issue with the truck is there is a small section on the corner of the hood that has some clear failure but ts only gonna cost me $300 bucks to repaint the hood and I used that to drive the price down. Just my .02

Sounds like a good prospect, but might be almost $2K too high, simply because of the mileage; I would give them a $500 break though since they did put on brand new tires. See if you can get it for $15,000.

Mr. P.

Sounds like a good prospect, but might be almost $2K too high, simply because of the mileage; I would give them a $500 break though since they did put on brand new tires. See if you can get it for $15,000.

Mr. P.

yea thats mreof what i was thinking myself

thanks for some help guys pepsicheer.gif

I bought my Victory Red SS with 60k on it, aftermarket chrome 20's (I hate them!) and good tires, catback exhaust, a painted to match fiberglass tonneau cover and bed rug for $15k out the door (included tax, title, ect). This was about 6 months ago. The only issue with the truck is there is a small section on the corner of the hood that has some clear failure but ts only gonna cost me $300 bucks to repaint the hood and I used that to drive the price down. Just my .02

why is it you hated the aftermarket chrome 20"s so much?

why is it you hated the aftermarket chrome 20"s so much?

Not trying to speak for 90zxdriver here - but many aftermarket chrome rims have piss poor plating jobs on them, and within a couple years there is pitting in the finish, or in cases the chrome flat-out just peels off. Chrome peeling off is so common on the Chip Foose wheels nobody will buy them. The finish problems are far worse in the northeast because of road salts.

Mr. P.

Not trying to speak for 90zxdriver here - but many aftermarket chrome rims have piss poor plating jobs on them, and within a couple years there is pitting in the finish, or in cases the chrome flat-out just peels off. Chrome peeling off is so common on the Chip Foose wheels nobody will buy them. The finish problems are far worse in the northeast because of road salts.

Mr. P.

The above post kinda sums up most of it. The wheels clean up pretty good and do shine but they have those fake bolt looking things all around to mimic the look of three piece wheels and the chrome has kinda failed inside the fake bolt holes and its all nasty. I don't know how you are supposed to clean in there... q tip??? Plus I just don't like the style of them, they just aren't my style and I don't think they fit the truck either. Also, I think they are cheap quality. I've had them balanced twice now and I think they are outta balance yet again. I just don't think they are as true as they could be.

This is why I picked up a set of stock SS wheels today!!! I really wanted some Escalade 22's but I'll gladly settle for the stockers for now. I'm gonna get them all cleaned up and hopefully installed tomorrow.

The above post kinda sums up most of it. The wheels clean up pretty good and do shine but they have those fake bolt looking things all around to mimic the look of three piece wheels and the chrome has kinda failed inside the fake bolt holes and its all nasty. I don't know how you are supposed to clean in there... q tip??? Plus I just don't like the style of them, they just aren't my style and I don't think they fit the truck either. Also, I think they are cheap quality. I've had them balanced twice now and I think they are outta balance yet again. I just don't think they are as true as they could be.

This is why I picked up a set of stock SS wheels today!!! I really wanted some Escalade 22's but I'll gladly settle for the stockers for now. I'm gonna get them all cleaned up and hopefully installed tomorrow.

ohh yea i see what you mean.

The whole road salt thing isnt really really something I'd have to worry about being that I live on the west coast,

but the only reason I'd be taking the rims is for one..they're coming with the truck already on.. and two.. I'd like some good looking rims on the truck that way it appeals to the eye, something of a head turner ya know?

But all the CONs you guys pointed out don't really seem to be worth it...so I'm a bit confused at the moment.

What kinda rims you think is should put on it if i DO end up getting the truck cuz i dont want the stock ones on it forever.

In any case I'll be sure to use that as a point when haggling a price with these guys.

Thanks for the help so far.

I'm not bagging on chrome wheels - I'm just saying, make sure you get GOOD chrome wheels :thumbs: I've got Centerlines and the finish has held up well, the factory chrome wheels hold up well too. I am sure there are a few other rim companies that use a quality finish too, but many more cheap-out on the plating so just know what to look for when you shop.

Mr. P. :)

I'm not bagging on chrome wheels - I'm just saying, make sure you get GOOD chrome wheels thumb.gif I've got Centerlines and the finish has held up well, the factory chrome wheels hold up well too. I am sure there are a few other rim companies that use a quality finish too, but many more cheap-out on the plating so just know what to look for when you shop.

Mr. P. smile.gif

hahaha well, this is going to be my first truck so I'm not really to savy when it comes to knowing what it is to look for for quality chrome finished rims. got any tips? lol