spray in liner care

i have a rhino liner and just what is everyone use to clean it up with? mines not

to bad but getting a light build up of soap scum from the car wash and pollen from

the trees in the yard.

also what is best to use to protect liner from uv rays and faiding

thanks..

:seeya:

I have heard that there is a product out there that kind of restores your liner to it's original condition, sorry can't be more help.

As far as fading, yup a tonneau cover is your best bet! I never would have got a spray in liner if I didn't get a cover. The fading looks like @$$!

Late- Alex

The best way to stop the fading or oxidation of your liner is to get a Line-X since they hold color better and don't have the oxidation issues rhino has.

Oops, you probably didn't want to hear that.

Power wash and rinse your liner throughly than apply a product called Just Once with a sponge. Pinnaclewest.com also has a bedliner renewal product and it comes with an aplicator.

Home Depot has a 1450psi pressure washer on sale right now for $89! or a 1800psi washer for $199.... I suggest you get one of these anyways. Makes a short work of the underside, wheel wells, and bed of your truck. :thumbs:

The best way to stop the fading or oxidation of your liner is to get a Line-X since they hold color better and don't have the oxidation issues rhino has.

I've seen a Line-X'ed bed that was really faded. It made the truck look like shiznits. I'm pretty sure there isn't too much you can do to stop the fading process. Why don't you just get a cover and be done?

Late- Alex

I've seen a Line-X'ed bed that was really faded. It made the truck look like shiznits. I'm pretty sure there isn't too much you can do to stop the fading process. Why don't you just get a cover and be done?

Late- Alex

If the fading gets that bad I'll be back at Line-x and have them spray another coat. Even if they charged full price for it that would be way cheaper than a good cover. From what I've seen of the local Line-x guys I think they will stand behind the product and take care of me.

thanks for the replys, liner is not faiding yet but i want to keep up on it befor it does

moving back to the high deseret in so.cal in sept. with 280+ days of sunshine and

temps.that can run over 115* need to be perpaired. :thumbs:

BTW. old job i had my office was 26 mi. south of death valley one day temp.reached

134* @ 11am. :eek: some like it hot :D

thanks for the replys, liner is not faiding yet but i want to keep up on it befor it does

moving back to the high deseret in so.cal in sept. with 280+ days of sunshine and

temps.that can run over 115* need to be perpaired. :thumbs:

What part of the High Desert? Yer right... sun and heat most of the year is gonna wreak havoc on the liner!

WELCOME BACK TO BEAUTIFUL SO. CAL!!! :cheers:

Late- Alex

If the fading gets that bad I'll be back at Line-x and have them spray another coat. Even if they charged full price for it that would be way cheaper than a good cover. From what I've seen of the local Line-x guys I think they will stand behind the product and take care of me.

I really don't see the logic in that statement. Why not just buy a cover and protect your investment right from the git go? If you don't want to cover up your bed, then I would think you should expect it to fade. What happens if it keeps fading (and it will) year after year, you still going to take it to them expecting them to take care of you? Who even knows if it will stick to a layer of Line-X? If they take care of you, then cool!

I don't know how much your paying for Line-X, but in my case, paying for it again would be a little bit cheaper than a tonneau cover.

Late- Alex

temps.that can run over 115* need to be perpaired.  :thumbs:

What part of the High Desert? Yer right... sun and heat most of the year is gonna wreak havoc on the liner!

WELCOME BACK TO BEAUTIFUL SO. CAL!!! :cheers:

just east of barstow, town of yermo about 3/4 mi south of I-15 been gone 7 yrs

can`t wate to get back NEW YORK SUCKS!!!! :puke:

reason for no cover is no extra $$$$ at this time :nonod: need to bank as much

as posable for the move

What the heck are you doing in Port Jeff?  There's nothing fun there!!

CA?  Stonybrook?

born & rased here 9 generations of my family lived here in port. my daughter

needed better schooling than what she was getting in ca. public schools so her

and i moved back to finish school.

so you know port jeff? use to be nice here about 25 yrs. ago now

:puke: to many people houseing up 117 % in 5 yrs aveg. home price

$ 450,000+ :eek::crazy::puke: and the low life slobs that come into town

every weekend and trash the place with there litter and disrespect for the people

who live here. lost track how many drunks ive had to chace off my frount yard

with a 12,gage for pissing on lawn and my frount porch :fume::fume:

yep just lovely here :nonod:

Archived