2001 Silverado Project

indirocz28

Hey yall, I just picked this up. Its an 01 Silverado 2wd. The guy had already started some work on it, and then hit a telephone pole. I already have a Corvette engine and Monster trans set up to go in when I get the time.

Anyway, I'm new here, and my world is mainly Camaros, Trans-Am's and Corvettes. Anyone have any important info I should know about converting this to an SS clone?

Thanks in advance

post-21251-128788300105_thumb.jpg

post-21251-128788300969_thumb.jpg

post-21251-128788301637_thumb.jpg

Hey yall, I just picked this up. Its an 01 Silverado 2wd. The guy had already started some work on it, and then hit a telephone pole. I already have a Corvette engine and Monster trans set up to go in when I get the time.

Anyway, I'm new here, and my world is mainly Camaros, Trans-Am's and Corvettes. Anyone have any important info I should know about converting this to an SS clone?

Thanks in advance

welcome, im fairly new here too. u have to have time, time make good projects and nice looking and preforming trucks. here a pic of my 2001. little by little it can come true. this truck is my evrey day driver. with 130xxx. its the original paint.

post-21245-128788666231_thumb.jpg

post-21245-128788669681_thumb.jpg

Welcome to the site, definetly looks like a project. If you want to make a ture SS clone switch out the entire front clip to a 2003+ front end (Fenders, Hood, Core Support, Bumper, ect) looks like it needs that anyways. Then you would have to get all the SS cladding and front and rear bumpers. Then you could get the SS interior stuff as well. I also believe the 99-02 front frame rails have diff. bumper mounts. Good luck on the build looks like a decent rough starting point for a complete rebuild! pepsicheer.gif