What Heads For My Cammed 5.3

Hey guys. I have a 5.3 with a 228/230 .571 .573 cam, 2600 stall(soon to be a 3200) and 3.73s and then a couple more small bolt ons with a tune. I'm trying to get an intake manifold from an ly5 5.3. Right now I have 862 heads but i have a pair of 241 heads in my garage. My cam wants a higher compression, I think like 10.5:1... So, what I'm asking is, what needs to be done to the 241s to make them work on my motor and get a good compression ratio?

I installed some 241's(milled) on my friends truck with a 216/220 cam and it worked pretty good but now I'm going 6.0 w/L92 heads and I sold him my cnc ported 243's were going to get these milled and should pull like crazy!!! I use to have a cam similar to that I believe your goin to need at least a 3600 stall and like some 4.10 gears to get into the (sweet spot)////Also what you could do is mill down your 862 heads since they have a smaller cc and run a thinner head gasket to bump up the compression and you should be good.

I would get some 243's and to raise your cr get them milled a little. The stock 243 LS6 castings flow better than the 243's and the 853's, and have a more efficient combustion chamber and better "D" shaped exhaust port. And with some porting and a good valve job can result you in 40+ hp. Usually 25hp over the 241's or 853's.

I believe the 241's have a 61.7cc and the 243's have a 64cc, so a little milling would get you down to the LS1 cc.

If you do mill the heads make sure to check your pushrod length and use your old springs (you prob have high lift springs with that cam, if not you need them)