Blew My Trans Again

this is the third time I blew my transmission. First time was just at stock, second time was from cam shaft and stall, and this time i'm thinking because of the supercharger. Both times before, all I did was rebuild it with performance parts, so I don't know what to do now... rebuild it or buy new one offline? Any other suggestions?

Edited by SuperchargedTahoeSS (see edit history)

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do u know anyone in MI.???

FLT is in Illinois, Rossler is in Ohio, RPM is in Indiana, and PerformaBuilt is in Pennsylvania. Any one of them can build a trans for you, then ship it to your door. If you need someone in Michigan, PM Zippy or detjoe, they may be able to help you out.....

What were the failures each time and what did you do for repairs each time??

First time was the gears and the coverter so i rebuilt the whole thing and beef it up with more clutches, shift kit i dont remember what else but they did all performance parts an the second time was 2nd gear and reverse so i replaced it with the same performance parts..

First time was the gears and the coverter so i rebuilt the whole thing and beef it up with more clutches, shift kit i dont remember what else but they did all performance parts an the second time was 2nd gear and reverse so i replaced it with the same performance parts..

That still doesnt tell me anything. Gears?? As in carrier? Clutches?? what clutches? Theres to many trans parts out there that are considered "performance" but only some are worth running.

well the common denominator in the equation is everything not replaced. there are plenty of people running the same and more mods than you who dont have problems so id say either do what fireman31 said and have a performance tranny built or buy a new 4l65e and put in the performance parts you want. my .02

FLT is in Illinois, Rossler is in Ohio, RPM is in Indiana, and PerformaBuilt is in Pennsylvania. Any one of them can build a trans for you, then ship it to your door. If you need someone in Michigan, PM Zippy or detjoe, they may be able to help you out.....

which company is good and has good prices?

something isnt right if ur ripping through trannys that fast. with my cammed truck with all bolt ons and a 100 shot, i had no problem. my tranny was built by RETIRED99 s dad jerry. best tranny builder i know. FLT is awesome but price is can vary. the tranny i have is as good if not better than an FLT Level 5. if ur built 65e cant handle 450 rwhp, they are scamming u.

www.motownmuscle.com

Do you go there any?? I have been using that site for local help. Local built my converter and trans, runs pretty good.

Rich Bewick, Detroit Gear Box, is in warren

Mike Ridings, Ridings converter, is further nother ??? but he is only doing converters now??

Its motown man, we gotta be able to get your truck together right!

Love the Tahoe SS by the way.

i called a local place and told them my problem and the owner said if he builds me the best trans out there with all the best parts with my 3.42 gears and my hp i would blow it again. He said the only way my trans wont blow/ last longer is if i would go with a diff gear ratio like a 4.10. Is this true?

i called a local place and told them my problem and the owner said if he builds me the best trans out there with all the best parts with my 3.42 gears and my hp i would blow it again. He said the only way my trans wont blow/ last longer is if i would go with a diff gear ratio like a 4.10. Is this true?

not an expert and just guessing here but i would think the 4:10s would be harder on it but then again i dont know a whole lot in that department......how many miles on ur tranny?

Edited by bruiser04 (see edit history)