Stock intake / fuel press gauge

Since I am going back to the stock intake I wanted to make sure of some things. Can anyone tell me if the MAP sensor has something to hold it down other than pressure from the fitting? The connection points toward the firewall, right? On the Radix it used a retainer to hold it in. The Radix re-used the stock MAP. It's the sensor in the very back on top of the intake.

I have my 60lb injectors all in, had to put a spacer under the rail, fuel pressure regulator is back in (all 5 pieces of it) and hooked up, and swapped my EVAP solenoid. Anything else I missed? Radix guys? Also, am I correct to assume the throttle body does not require a gasket to mate to the stock intake? The Radix used one.

One last thing. I would like to get my fuel pressure gauge hooked back in, but not sure where you guys with the stock intake have tapped into it - ????? I think someone asked this a few weeks ago, don't remember an answer. I got dual Walbro 255s going in my tank tomorrow - would like to mintor my fuel pressure.

Thanks for any assistance.

Wish I could help you, sorry buddy...... But just a note of FYI. You may wanna change your sig... it still says Radix Blown. :D Hey, I got an idea.... Maybe something like :

Pratt & Whitney PW409 - 63,000lb thrust motor with 15psi jet boost. Maximum Takeoff Weight 450,000lb Typical Cruise Speed @ 35,000ft 0.80 Mach 530mph

Or you could just have a link to the Boeing 767 Technical Specs page!!!! 767 Jet Engine Specs

What do you think? ;) :jester:

Or you could just have a link to the Boeing 767 Technical Specs page!!!! 767 Jet Engine Specs

What do you think?  

Damn good idea,Brent :) Who's gonna be the first to run an afterburner?

OK, we have taken over Ben's thread to ask for some technical help, but I can't resist one last comment....

Afterburners? Ummm, I thought that's what we got.. Let's see, it gets VERY HOT, it blows Air into the motor and makes more ponies. Yup, That's an Afterburner!

OK, let's try to find someone with a Radix to help Ben.

Doesn't take a Radix guy to help me with all of my ???. If your engine cover is not on, tell me how the sensor that mounts to the top of the intake toward the back is mounted (MAP sensor) and whther or not it has a hold down (strap) piece of some sort. I don't have my motor to throw it on. It pops into a hole on top.

You turbo guys are without your engine covers on, right?

Doesn't take a Radix guy to help me with all of my ???.  If your engine cover is not on, tell me how the sensor that mounts to the top of the intake toward the back is mounted (MAP sensor) and whther or not it has a hold down (strap) piece of some sort.  I don't have my motor to throw it on.  It pops into a hole on top.

You turbo guys are without your engine covers on, right?

Sorry dude. My covers are on it.

My Engine Compartment.

I can them off and look for you. What exactly am I looking for? Unfortunately, I don't know what a MAP sensor looks like. I can tell you about it's affects on tuning, but I don't know what it looks like.

top of the intake, at the back, only sensor on there.

There is a square black plastic something or other on the top at the back... it is sitting on a screw hole. There is nothing else holding it there... With the engine cover on it, it stays in place though as the engine cover screw goes through that hole.

Is this what you are talking about?

top of the intake, at the back, only sensor on there.

Ben, I looked on mine (no engine covers, but that stupid back mount for the center cover is still on and my tools are at the shop :/) The MAP sensor connection does point at the firewall. I can't see any strap, but most of the sensor is obscured by that black plate.

Sorry I'm no more help.

Afterburners? Ummm, I thought that's what we got.. Let's see, it gets VERY HOT, it blows Air into the motor and makes more ponies. Yup, That's an Afterburner!

Heck no :P The afterburner would be that part that comes after the turbine and dumps raw fuel into the exhaust stream and then ignites it for a 6 foot blue flame and rocket like kicks in the pants :D:D:D

I just did a fuel pressure gauge. The test port on the stock fuel rail is a 4an fitting, a nos line fits right in there, you need an adapter to plug in most fuel pressure sending units are 1/8 npt. Different threads.

This is where the schrader valve is, right? Passenger side? Did you remove the valve first? Supposed to, if not. I figured this out last night. All I need for my sender to tap into it is a union. Sender is same size.

Thanks guys. I think why a strap is not needed is because other stuff is on top of it making sure it's secure. The Radix kit provided a metal strip that had a bolt to hold it down. (MAP sensor)

Thanks guys. I think why a strap is not needed is because other stuff is on top of it making sure it's secure. The Radix kit provided a metal strip that had a bolt to hold it down. (MAP sensor)

Also, the stock engine doesn't have to deal with pressurized intake manifolds. ;)

I also checked my MAP sensor. Points toward firewall. Feels pretty loose in there. Looks like the black plastic "plate" that covers the wire harnesses does help hold the sensor down, but not tightly.

Also, the stock engine doesn't have to deal with pressurized intake manifolds.  ;)

I also checked my MAP sensor.  Points toward firewall.  Feels pretty loose in there.  Looks like the black plastic "plate" that covers the wire harnesses does help hold the sensor down, but not tightly.

Yeah, I knew there was a reason that the Radix had the hold-down strap. Just when I put it back in the stock intake, it seemed a little loose. Snug, but wiggly.

Thanks.

Yes it is right where the schrader valve is. It comes out easy. Double check your threads. Autometer stuff uses different threading than the fuel rail. 1/8npt is not 4an directly. You need a 2nd adapter. This part is really important as I don't want things coming loose and spraying out fuel. I have a lot of junk on there with the nos line and fuel pressure sending unit.

Archived