Dealer Aligned Front, Now Need New Tires

fox_forma

Back in June I had the rear on my truck go out, while it was at the dealer they recommended an alignment after all said and done. I have put maybe 3000 miles on the truck since then and I had a look at my wheels today and my damn front tires tread is so friggin low the cords are stating to come through. I need to replace the front tires ASAP before something bad happens. My rear wheels and tires are still 75% plus. Do I have any leg room here with the dealer since there is obviously something wrong with the set-up they did? If I would of just left the damn truck as it was with no alignment I would have a lot more time with these front tires. Also since they are 22's I either need to buy two of the same brand for up front or just go four new all around in a different brand and either way its going to $400+ out of pocket..

Edited by fox_forma (see edit history)

Most shops now days only do 4 wheel alignments, Unless there using some old equipment. As far as the 2wd and awd/4d issue. there is no difference in the procedure, especially with trucks since there are no adjustments in the rear. They will use the specific specs for your vehicle.

If your tires were worn pretty evenly before they did the alignment, and now they all the sudden started wearing like that, you should have a pretty good case against them, as long as none of your suspension parts are bad.