Raced A Lightning

super88

I currently have an 03 ss, just got it so as far as I know all it has done to it is a blackbear tune, muffler and k&N air filter, I've owned a lightning and I can tell you that stock for stock the lightning will eat ss up, my buddy had an ss while I owned my lightning, when we ran he pulled me out the hole a couple truck lengths due to me spinning tires, once it hooked up just left him, when I let off at 145 mph he was way back there, so I don't believe you smoked one from 80 mph and you are almost stock, bone stock they run mid to high 13's, and with a tune and pulley change real low 13's

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<br />I currently have an 03 ss, just got it so as far as I know all it has done to it is a blackbear tune, muffler and k&N air filter, I've owned a lightning and I can tell you that stock for stock the lightning will eat ss up, my buddy had an ss while I owned my lightning, when we ran he pulled me out the hole a couple truck lengths due to me spinning tires, once it hooked up just left him, when I let off at 145 mph he was way back there, so I don't believe you smoked one from 80 mph and you are almost stock, bone stock they run mid to high 13's, and with a tune and pulley change real low 13's<br />
<br /><br

Right on... But,.... put the same mods on an sss as the lightning would have and then let's see what happens! ford is a POS!!

P.S I love my Truck!! LOL!!

All im saying is I have raced 5 Lightnings and lost to two of them and beat the other three, i dont care if no one believes me but I have! The way I look at it is, there pushing like 375 or something like that with a supercharger, and were pushing 350 straight motor. So if my SS was a single cab with a supercharger, you know what would happen lol FORD:M16:

why were you racing with your kid in the car? just saying!

:withstupid:

also., stock its 345 to the FLY. with a 6000 lb truck with about 250 to the wheels, a 4800lb regular cab 5.4 supercharged truck will smoke an ss. a SSS is actually a dog from the factory, they are heavy boats and slow as shit. they are by far the nicest overall trucks and most talked about, but the bottom line is, there is NO POSSIBLE WAY a stock sss would beat a lightning. doesnt matter if u have a cai, catback and a tune, still wont run.

i have a cammed truck with lts, no cats, built tranny, all the supporting mods and i still only run a mid 13. they are just heavy as hell and even though the lightning is a piece of shit and crappy interior, they will still smoke a lightning. now u take a regular cab 5.3 silverado and slap a radix with 8lbs on it, it will walk away from a lightning. end of story.

There is absolutley no way what so ever you beat a lightning in your SS with just a cat back exhaust and a K&N air filter if you did the reason for that would either be its not a real lightning, or he wasnt trying to race you. Im not a ford fan at all but those lightnings rip not to say the SS doesnt rip but the SS has 345 stock to the crank and they have 380 so not only is that more power they are a good amount lighter plus they are supercharged. I'll say again theres no way you beat a lightning with a cat back exhaust and a K&N air filter, a stock lightning runs like a 13.8 quater mile I think our trucks run like a 14 something thats just the way it is. You need more than a cat back exhaust and an air filter to beat a lightning especially 3 of them! I can see maybe one due to he has a slipping tranny or he has a fake lightning but theres no way you beat 3 unless it was the same guy 3 times and he had a slipping tranny or a fake lightning all 3 times. Just saying facts are facts!