I had to do it.

daves1996

Looks nice, but I might be biased :D I like the smooth sided windows on your shell. If I didn't need the sliding window with screens, I would have got the SnugTop like that. The shell does make it look more bulky, but it is just to practical for me.

HPIM0476b.jpg

How much is a shell like that and can you take it on and off with out scratching anything.  :confused:

It was $1450.00 installed and yes you can take it off with the help of 3 of your most cautious friends. It is just held on with C-clamps.

I can take my shell off all by myself!!! :jester: It just takes a couple of saw horses a couple feet longer than the bed and a bit taller than the bed. Plus some 8 foot long 4x4s. Put the saw horses on each side of the truck bed and lay one the 4x4s across the horses at the rear. Get inside the bed and lift up the shell to slide it back a foot or so and lay the other 4x4 across the horses between the shell and cab. Get back inside the shell and lift the front end up and pull the 4x4 under the shell and let it back down on top of the 4x4, repeat on the rear. Then just drive the truck out from under it all.

The truck the you traded in was very ugly, sorry, but those runnin boards were hideous.

He asked for input, so go ahead - tell him what you think! There's no need to candy-coat it. :jester:

I just have somethin against runnin boards like that. There is a z71 around my town that is kinda lifted up(might just be bigger tires) and it has those runnin boards :puke::D

You SUV'd it! It looks good, that is the nicest camper shell I have seen.

And I would not say the SS is shorter; I was surprised to discover parking in the garage that the SS is about a foot longer than my '99 Expedition.

Mr. P. :)

Archived