Switched To My Winter Wheels, Warning Garage Photoshoot/Funky Photocho

BlueAKSSS

Roads are getting slick so I detailed my truck real quick (nothing special just washed it) and slapped on my Winter Wheels and studded tires. Here's some funky photoshops I did. The one of the front I cleared the headlights and bowtie. The other ones have some black and white in the backgrounds.

Image5Large.jpg

Image4Large.jpg

Image3Large.jpg

Image2Large.jpg

Image1Large.jpg

DSC_0425Large.jpg

DSC_0418Large.jpg

Before it snowed:

Image6Large.jpg

I am liking the studded 20'' tires. What brand and size did you go with? I am only 4 miles from Canada and have a set of rims I should use for the winter.

Thanks in advance.

The studs are nice I don't think I could drive the truck in the winter without them up here. The size is just stock 275/55/20, there made by Hankook, there nice tires, drove on them all last winter and they still look like new.

Matt ...nice ride!! Of course it's my favorite color too!!!

I sincerely miss Alaska - yes I say that every time, I know. I never did have studded tires when I lived in AK, but I wish I could have. I did pretty good except for one time .....I lived on Rabbit Creek and I was headed down OMalley and hit a bump in the road. I was in 2nd gear going about 7mph...yea finished the rest of the ride down OMalley sideways and ended up in the ditch by the fire department. I moved three months later !!!!

Do you put sand bags in the rear to evenly distribute the weight?

Matt ...nice ride!! Of course it's my favorite color too!!!

I sincerely miss Alaska - yes I say that every time, I know. I never did have studded tires when I lived in AK, but I wish I could have. I did pretty good except for one time .....I lived on Rabbit Creek and I was headed down OMalley and hit a bump in the road. I was in 2nd gear going about 7mph...yea finished the rest of the ride down OMalley sideways and ended up in the ditch by the fire department. I moved three months later !!!!

Do you put sand bags in the rear to evenly distribute the weight?

Wow no studded tires!? The AWD helps a lot but the stopping just isn't there without the studs it seems... At least you didn't hit anything, hope nothing happened to your tbss when it went in the ditch there. I had a close call last winter in that excat same spot by the firestation. I live off Hillside, go down O' Malley every day, and right before the firestation someone was turning into the school on the left and didn't have any lights on or turn signal and I was going about 45 down the hill since there was like 6" of new snow and I didn't even see them since it was dark. Long story short there was no stopping my truck so I aimed for the ditch and somehow managed to drive on the edge of the shoulder/ditch around them and bounced back out onto the road going sideways! Anyways somehow I managed to regain control and the SS came out untouched. I thought for sure I had messed up the front bumper but it's still perfect lol!! ughdance.gif