Anyone Tried Running Hid'S In Your Dtrl?

• 1 month later...

Anyone out there tried doing this on their truck? I'm researching into it cause it would be sick...

It can be done very easily actually. I had a spare spare set of H13 bulb laying around so I installed them in my DRL's. They didn't seal very well so I put a thick coat of black RTV gasket sealant around them.

It can be done very easily actually. I had a spare spare set of H13 bulb laying around so I installed them in my DRL's. They didn't seal very well so I put a thick coat of black RTV gasket sealant around them.

Has the heat warped the housings at all? And also did you go with 55 watt or 35?

So far no heat warp. I went with 35w due to the fact they they are on any time my truck is on day & night. I put 55w in my reverse lights. I only have these on for a min or two (when I'm in reverse and when someone is riding my a$$) Go to http://www.ddmtuning.com/ you can pick up a set for $25 for 35w and $35 for 55w. I have 3 sets from this site and have worked great for me. They also come with a lifetime warranty.

But does ddm tuning honor there warranty? And would it work if I just did 35 watters in the drls and reverse.

Well, I haven't had to use their warranty (knock on wood). However, I did alot of research on these and have not heard many issues with them. You can also buy replacement bulbs for them for like $12. Either way its alot cheaper than doing quality LEDs and they are way brighter. I would do 55w in the reverse lights. I had 35w in there first and I didn't think they were bright enough. The reverse lights are only on for a couple min at most so you don't have to worry about melting anything. Install took me about 30 min for each set. If you need help witht the install let me know. I can walk you through it. :chevy:

Well, I haven't had to use their warranty (knock on wood). However, I did alot of research on these and have not heard many issues with them. You can also buy replacement bulbs for them for like $12. Either way its alot cheaper than doing quality LEDs and they are way brighter. I would do 55w in the reverse lights. I had 35w in there first and I didn't think they were bright enough. The reverse lights are only on for a couple min at most so you don't have to worry about melting anything. Install took me about 30 min for each set. If you need help witht the install let me know. I can walk you through it. :chevy:

Awesome thanks for the info. If I have any problems I will let ya no. Thanks again