Sorry To Say Guys........

r8rs4lf

Mostly everyone knows me here. I bought my '04 SSS brand new in '03. Since I sold my SSS to a fellow member, I've removed all my pics to post.

I replaced my '04 SSS with a '10 Tundra with the 5.7

Here's the story.........

Coming from the mall and saw a black SSS getting off the freeway driving like an @$$. You all know what I'm talking about. Weaving in and out of traffic, tailgating, etc. Well, he gets behind me to make a left turn. We turn left, no biggie. He passes me up still tailgating, blah, blah, blah. We get to a stop light together with no one in front of us and a dark open street with no lights for at least a half mile. I'm thinking this is the perfect time for me to test this truck out as I have always thought the Tundra was faster than my SSS. He's posted up at the crosswalk and I'm sitting a bit back. I'm lined up with his extra cab. I can tell he wants to run. The light turns green we both jam! We both leave at the same time. I really couldn't believe what I saw. I literally left him. He could not catch up and eventually just gave up and moved behind me. After a bit he moved to the other lane and did the usual speeding drive by. I was a bit in shock and happy at the same time. I have always thought my Tundra was faster than my SSS. Before anyone asks, "was he racing?", YES he was! I heard that damn motor almost wanting to explode as I passed him.

My Tundra is bone stock with the exception of adding fog lights and just having the first 5K mile service done. That SSS looked stock as well. It had silver wheels, but otherwise, looked completely stock. It did have some type of exhaust though.

I'm not knocking the SSS, but having owned both, I must say that my Tundra is faster. Maybe he couldn't drive, what ever. Either way I smoked his @$$!

Remember, I used to own a SSS so relax on the stone throwing!!!! :fingersx:

Haha! Nice kill, even though you killed an SS! pepsicheer.gif It probably had like a million miles and was completely stock, who knows but the SS definitely isn't the fastest in stock form, modded while that's another story.....

That's a pretty good story alex. Gotta say, after I bought yours and ran it a little, it felt pretty doggy. But that was after driving my old SS built to the nuts. I've heard enough about tundras to question how this SS will do, which is why I'm making some changes. Your SS just gave me a really well cared for/appearance modded truck to work with. Can't stand the thought of getting beat by a tundra, but honestly doesn't drive my decision to improve performance. I guess nice kill, but sounds like the guy u were running was a jackass anyway. Not saying you're not faster! Glad we both came out of thing happy with our trucks. Good to see you hangin around still.

alex your now a bad person.

so after owning an SS for all that time and never doing any performance stuff you now have that persona once you get into a tundra, i think thats a little ironic lol

glad to see you gave someone , something they deserved . from what you described who cares what he was driving . a douche comes in all colors .

hows everything else going for ya?

That's a pretty good story alex. Gotta say, after I bought yours and ran it a little, it felt pretty doggy. But that was after driving my old SS built to the nuts. I've heard enough about tundras to question how this SS will do, which is why I'm making some changes. Your SS just gave me a really well cared for/appearance modded truck to work with. Can't stand the thought of getting beat by a tundra, but honestly doesn't drive my decision to improve performance. I guess nice kill, but sounds like the guy u were running was a jackass anyway. Not saying you're not faster! Glad we both came out of thing happy with our trucks. Good to see you hangin around still.

Ya, it wasn't really about beating an SS. It was more about making that guy feel like an @$$!

I saw your thread about the hood. Seems like there is always drama huh? I'm glad you are happy with it.

alex your now a bad person.

so after owning an SS for all that time and never doing any performance stuff you now have that persona once you get into a tundra, i think thats a little ironic lol

glad to see you gave someone , something they deserved . from what you described who cares what he was driving . a douche comes in all colors .

hows everything else going for ya?

Everything's cool. Like I said, I haven't done a damn thing to the tundra besides fog lamps. I'm just driving and enjoying it. Most of the mod funds have went to the Harley this year with more to come next year.

I saw you got your truck back. Hopefully it runs like you expect it to. That motor just plain looks sic!

Oh ya, doctor told me I was borderline diabetic. Since then I've dropped a few pounds. Can't say exactly how much because I really don't care, but I look a whole lot different. Feeling good these days as well.

Hope all is well with you and yours as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Mostly everyone knows me here. I bought my '04 SSS brand new in '03. Since I sold my SSS to a fellow member, I've removed all my pics to post.

I replaced my '04 SSS with a '10 Tundra with the 5.7

Here's the story.........

Coming from the mall and saw a black SSS getting off the freeway driving like an @$$. You all know what I'm talking about. Weaving in and out of traffic, tailgating, etc. Well, he gets behind me to make a left turn. We turn left, no biggie. He passes me up still tailgating, blah, blah, blah. We get to a stop light together with no one in front of us and a dark open street with no lights for at least a half mile. I'm thinking this is the perfect time for me to test this truck out as I have always thought the Tundra was faster than my SSS. He's posted up at the crosswalk and I'm sitting a bit back. I'm lined up with his extra cab. I can tell he wants to run. The light turns green we both jam! We both leave at the same time. I really couldn't believe what I saw. I literally left him. He could not catch up and eventually just gave up and moved behind me. After a bit he moved to the other lane and did the usual speeding drive by. I was a bit in shock and happy at the same time. I have always thought my Tundra was faster than my SSS. Before anyone asks, "was he racing?", YES he was! I heard that damn motor almost wanting to explode as I passed him.

My Tundra is bone stock with the exception of adding fog lights and just having the first 5K mile service done. That SSS looked stock as well. It had silver wheels, but otherwise, looked completely stock. It did have some type of exhaust though.

I'm not knocking the SSS, but having owned both, I must say that my Tundra is faster. Maybe he couldn't drive, what ever. Either way I smoked his @$$!

Remember, I used to own a SSS so relax on the stone throwing!!!! :fingersx:

how are those things on topend? i talked to another tundra cat on here, he said you guys have 4.30 gears in the rear.

i am scared of the rcsb tundras lol