2008 2500Hd Tpms Bullshit - Please Help

WheeliePro

I have a 2008 2500HD with the 6.0L and the TPMS settings are ridiculous. They are 50psi in the front and 80psi in the back. The problem is that the truck came with little baby tires on it and looks retarded. I want to put larger, all-terrain tires on but cannot find anything that can handle these pressures.

How can I either adjust the TPMS settings or eliminate the TPMS without having the warning light on all the time?

Google is your friend, my friend.

http://www.gm-trucks...howtopic=111373

Mr. P.

That still does not answer the question. That whole thread only talks about resetting the TPMS after rotating tires. I want to change the pressure that the computer reads as OK. I big tires inflated to ~35PSI, rather than little stock tires inflated to 80psi. If I lower my pressure and reset as mentioned in that thread, they still read as under inflated.

That still does not answer the question. That whole thread only talks about resetting the TPMS after rotating tires. I want to change the pressure that the computer reads as OK. I big tires inflated to ~35PSI, rather than little stock tires inflated to 80psi. If I lower my pressure and reset as mentioned in that thread, they still read as under inflated.

I hope you are not getting passenger car tires for that truck, truck tires should have about the same PSI rating as stock no matter what the size of the tire.

My bad, sorry; I did not understand your issue the first read through. Can you use different TPMS sensors, like 4 out of an Escalade?

Mr. P.

First off, nice thread title. :idiot:

I found this.....

http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4065039#post4065039

Also, it is against the law to disable the TPMS since it is a Federal Mandate, and is punishable of up to a $6000 fine.....

You have to reset the system, have to have the ignition off but open the key. then turn the light knob to the parking lights( the ones that are amber next to the turn signals), then youi hsould still see the "check tire pressure" on the DIC next it should display all the tire pressures on alll 4 tires. after that you finish up reseting turn your car off or turn the key back.

Dude just make sure you dont turn the key back until the ladt step otherwise you will not reset the system and the light will still be on. any trouble just email me dude: [email protected]

You have to reset the system, have to have the ignition off but open the key. then turn the light knob to the parking lights( the ones that are amber next to the turn signals), then youi hsould still see the "check tire pressure" on the DIC next it should display all the tire pressures on alll 4 tires. after that you finish up reseting turn your car off or turn the key back.

Dude just make sure you dont turn the key back until the ladt step otherwise you will not reset the system and the light will still be on. any trouble just email me dude: [email protected]

always such a helpful guy :thumbs:

still wont change the factory tpms threshold and settings . thats just resetting all the tires so they are in the correct spot

you will need to have the dealer reflash the tpms to your psi . most dealersdont know how or wonr because of warranty/liability issues. you need to find someone with a tech to change them though

i had to do this when i lifter my truck and set them @ 38 psi on all four.

the light still comes on because it has like a 15 % difference threshold . meaning if your tires are 15 % above or below 38 psi the light will come on

...Also, it is against the law to disable the TPMS since it is a Federal Mandate, and is punishable of up to a $6000 fine.....

WOW did not know that. Just read the law, you can recalibrate it but not disable it.

Mr. P.