Well Gotta Do A Temporary Swap

Well after a 113k and better than 60 passes on Nitrous I finally have some engine noise but at a not so good time. I dont have money in the budget for upgrades at this time but I do have an LS1 in my 85 Firebird I have, its down right know for a 4link rear with a strange 12bolt that was also put on hold due to the budget. I need my truck so I am just going to put the LS1 in it for now. It does have a Trick Flow Cam and LS6 valve springs. It will let take more time to build an egine for the truck. I guess the other plus is it weighs less.

Sorry for your misfortune, but other than having to put in the labor to make the swap happen, at least you do have the LS1 as a backup and I would imagine with the Trick Flow cam it should run pretty darn well. Not that I would eagerly run out to swap my 6.0L, from all accounts just about everyone I’ve come across that has performed a LS1 swap has been pretty much thoroughly happy with it. At least during these times you don’t have to feel alone struggling trying to budget projects, a lot of people are in the same boat and I find myself just about having to sell something before I can by something new.

Well Checking the truck out today, it appears to be cam related. Wont know for a sure untill I tear into it. At the very least it will get the LS6 heads (ported & polished) Cam and valve train upgrade before going back in. I will probably swap to the LS1 this weekend. I won't be loosing much. Just going from a 364ci to a 346ci (4.00" bore down to a 3.90") both engine stock the LS1 would have 5 more HP and 15lbs lees torque but the LS1 has a TFS cam 216 int./220 exh duration and 0.560 int./0.560 exh. lift w/a LSA of 114 and LS1 valve spring which will make up for that plus the other upside is less weight. its only temporary but gives me time to play with the 6.0. Who knows maybe Santa and my income tax return will bring me a 427 stroker

I do have some F-body performance parts I will be selling to help the budget :fingersx:

Edited by tawss04 (see edit history)

Well Checking the truck out today, it appears to be cam related. Wont know for a sure untill I tear into it. At the very least it will get the LS6 heads (ported & polished) Cam and valve train upgrade before going back in. I will probably swap to the LS1 this weekend. I won't be loosing much. Just going from a 364ci to a 346ci (4.00" bore down to a 3.90") both engine stock the LS1 would have 5 more HP and 15lbs lees torque but the LS1 has a TFS cam 216 int./220 exh duration and 0.560 int./0.560 exh. lift w/a LSA of 114 and LS1 valve spring which will make up for that plus the other upside is less weight. its only temporary but gives me time to play with the 6.0. Who knows maybe Santa and my income tax return will bring me a 427 stroker

I do have some F-body performance parts I will be selling to help the budget :fingersx:

how do you like the swap?