Lowering My Ss

himata13

i just bought a 03 silverado SS and i was thinking of lowering it but, i wanted to know if i will have any problems down the line when towing heavy loads. i live in NY so the roads here are not that smooth!! will it be a rough ride? how about a 2" drop? what kind of suspension? can i use some 24"?? help please!!!

i really think this truck will look morre agressive dropped!

if your worried about going to low to tow. then i would only drop the back 2". if you want to go lower like a 2/4 then you better get helper air bags in the back. i lowered mine 3/4 and i love the way it looks. it seems to ride pretty smooth also. heres a before and after pic.

heres a few years ago before it was lowered. looks like a damn monster truck. this is with 24"s

sspictures041.jpg

here is how it sits now this is also with the new 24"s

IMG_4387.jpg

if your worried about going to low to tow. then i would only drop the back 2". if you want to go lower like a 2/4 then you better get helper air bags in the back. i lowered mine 3/4 and i love the way it looks. it seems to ride pretty smooth also. heres a before and after pic.

heres a few years ago before it was lowered. looks like a damn monster truck. this is with 24"s

sspictures041.jpg

here is how it sits now this is also with the new 24"s

IMG_4387.jpg

Happy you changed wheels.... :)

Happy you changed wheels.... :)

yeah me to. when i look back it was so ugly. hell i got those wheels six years ago when i was 19. ive grown a bit. sad thing is that back then to me it looked good now when i look at old pixs i think it looks crappy cant believe i rocked them for 3 years ugh. :yellow_loser:

djm 3 inch lower a arms

rear djm shackles and hangers

front/rear djm shocks

305 30 24 tires on 24x10s 35mm offset

Thats what i put on many customers trucks and its no prob at all.

now some guys want more sidewall for those I do

djm keys or spindles for 2 inches in front

rear djm 3 inch shackles and hangers

front/rear belltech street performance shocks

305 35 24 on 24x10s 35mm offset

That set up will work great also if you have any questions just hollar.

Also on my truck I run a 305 35 24. Only problem I have ever had is when I back up if I crank my wheels all the way it will just barley rub. Not enough to cause any problems u can just see where it touchs the wells

Edited by shawnss (see edit history)

you can tow with a 3/4 drop and c notch. you can also run 24's if you have the right size tires and offset on your wheels. your best bet is to talk to tony (norcalss) and he can get you set up. he really knows his stuff

how do i contact norcalSS?

by lowering 3" at the rear and 2" in the from how is the ride? let's say i will go with 22" wheels.

also, does any one know any one in NYC that could do this kind of work? i know any mechanic could do this but, i'll like to bring the truck to some one that has done this before and is not guessing what to do next.

some one mentioned air bags for the rear to help when towing; how expensives is this?

by lowering 3" at the rear and 2" in the from how is the ride? let's say i will go with 22" wheels.

also, does any one know any one in NYC that could do this kind of work? i know any mechanic could do this but, i'll like to bring the truck to some one that has done this before and is not guessing what to do next.

some one mentioned air bags for the rear to help when towing; how expensives is this?

question just to go over

1) is your truck lowered now

2) are you running on stock shocks?

3) Ive done 22 and 24s on guys trucks here saem kit and we have potholes like crazy here in downtown san francisco and not one issue.

question just to go over

1) is your truck lowered now.

2) are you running on stock shocks?

3) Ive done 22 and 24s on guys trucks here saem kit and we have potholes like crazy here in downtown san francisco and not one issue.

i just bought the truck and it looks low but, i think these type of truck come with a lower suspension anyway. the shocks looked like the stock one but, i am not sure.

is there any way i could determine wether or not it has the stock suspemsion?

i just bought the truck and it looks low but, i think these type of truck come with a lower suspension anyway. the shocks looked like the stock one but, i am not sure.

is there any way i could determine wether or not it has the stock suspemsion?

can you take a side pic of the truck?