Trans Crapped Out Pulling My Boat

Coming home from fishing today and my trans quit pulling , put it in second to get home (took a while), not much of a trans guru but I would assume the clutches are shot. Was planning on building a supercharged 408 for the truck and then getting a built trans, but looks like I'm gonna need a trans first, Couple of questions, been looking around and think I narrowed it down to LFT, performabuilt, and maybe monster trans, will the fully built 4L60E hold up to the torque the 408 will put out, Next question, Possibly looking at a stall, but would it affect me towing my boat,(21 ' bass boat), Also this truck is a daily driver, any suggestions, thanks

well i have a turbo stock 6.0 pushing 13 psi and im going on my 4th trans. i have smoked two built 4l60 in 2 years. it really depends on your driving habits. i launch my truck quite a bit in boost. this winter im going with the 4l80 trans swap. from what ive heard a stock 4l80 with a few upgrades will out last a fully built 4l60/4l65. at this point im wishing i would have done the 4l80 swap 2 years ago. im in $6000 in 2 blowin up trannys. if your going with a 408 i personally wouldnt go with a 4l60. if i can get this 4l80 to hold on my set up now next summer i doing a 408 myself with alot of boost and nitrous. heres a link on the 4l80 swap. ill let you know how mine goes im doing the swap in feb. 4l80 trans swap http://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/showthread.php?t=424904

Edited by shawnss (see edit history)

How many miles are on your truck? How heavy is the boat/trailer? Do you remember how hot the trans got? Do you still have the stock trans cooler? Remember, heat is the #1 killer of automatic transmissions, there is the chance you overheated your trans since you were pulling a decent load.....

talk to angry greg he twisted a billet out put shaft with a 408 and a radix

that wasnt a true 300mm shaft either, you can tell how it broke it wasnt

Remember, heat is the #1 killer of transmissions

this

Edited by 2BFAST (see edit history)